how far were you when you told

edited May 2013 in Second Trimester
How far along were you when you told everyone you were pregnant? What were your familys reactions?

Comments

• I found out i was pregnant at 5 weeks and i told my cousin, my mom and husband. Then the rest of the family found out at about 7 weeks.
    My husband was excited. We lost our first pregnancy at 17wks and even though we weren't necessarily trying to get pregnant a second time, we weren't using protection either. We were ready for whatever God sent our way. My mom gave us the whole "again? Are you serious?" speech, but she came around pretty soon after (i did have to be a little mean to her lol). My cousin was excited and very supportive right away.

The rest of my family were just happy that we were happy. They had been kinda walking on eggshells since our loss and they didn't know if this was a good thing or not, but when we explained that it was a wonderful thing everyone came around as well.
  • Well I found out with this time which is our second at 4 weeks told my sister, brother and his wife, my aunt and uncle, then did something cute for my hubby he ran outside our bedroom my parents were visiting at the time and told my parents lol. Then few weeks after my parents couldn't help but tell everyone. I'm now 11 weeks and my hubby and I haven't told our friends going wait until next week or two weeks and just send them our next ultrasound pic :) my entire family was super Happy for us they kinda figured once we moved into our new house we would try so they were already just waiting to hear some news. Every family is different though and it depends on the personal situation at the time. Hope that helps!
  • First one i told my mom at 7 weeks but bo one else found out until I was 22 weeks. my second, my boyfriend told his family as soon as we found out at 4-5 weeks but I didn't tell anyone until 6-7 months when my family got suspicious.
  • Im 21 weeks and only hb my sister and his mother a week ago ! Nobody else yet
  • edited May 2013
    Told every with our first pregnancy right after the positive test. Everyone was excited except my mom. She gave the whole youre too young speech(i was 20). Lost the baby at 10wks(baby was 7-8 wks) second pregnancy we told everyone at 11 or so wks. Everyone was happy but it was around the time my FIL had cancer so it was kinda a quiet happy. Third pregnancy we told my in laws at around 9-10wks. They were happy/excited for us. It was really soon after we had our first so I was really hesitant to tell my mom lol i dont know why. Its not like she would have been mad at me. I didn't tell her til I was almost 5 months along. But she was cool about the whole thing
  • with first pregnancy told right away and had a healthy baby. second told everyone right away and lost baby at seven weeks. this time found out ay six weeks told sister, mil, fil right away. waitef above till 9 weeks. I figuredif I was going to lose this baby I would rather have the support. now I am 22 weeks and everything is going great.