thyroid causing miscarriage?

2»

Comments

• @wilsomom oh man. This is so ridiculous. Do you know what the lowest dose is?
  • edited May 2013
    25mcg I think..but I'm sure your Dr put u on what they feel is very safe and depending on what your levels were :) good luck and try not to stress that's not good for u or baby either :)
  • I am on 75mcg and I feel absolutely nothing, maybe yours really is a bit too high.
  • @0811 I'm stressing big time this time around. I didn't with my son. Then I heard stories in here and now I'm terrified. :'( sorry I didn't see Your comment. I dint drink caffeine anymore. Could be the pregnancy but I'm not forsure. I just don't want to be hyper now bc the dosage and still end up miscarrying

@excitedforoctober I have a feeling its too high. I've been miserable alll day. Read What I told her above also
  • I am never jittery. When my dose needs too be increased I get VERY tired a.d get headaches. Im on 175. Each dose ia also a different color....i am on purple now :-)
  • @kyliemommie okay so wondering if its not normal. Hmm. Maybe I will try an hour not eating.
  • They will closely monitor u to be sure its not too high I don't think it can go from low to high within 4 wks, I would definitely call your Dr and ask all of these questions and how she determined what dosage u needed... I understand your worries for sure!! Maybe the jitters are from blood supply with pregnancy. Good luck and keep us posted!! ;)
  • Don't stress about it hun, I understand how you feel because your doctor mentioned the miscarrying but trust me that hypothyroidism is super common. I think doctors just need to cover their butts so they HAVE to inform us of any risks as small as they might be ya know? Maybe your body is just getting used to the meds so that's why you feel jittery, I started mine so long ago that I don't remember how it first felt. You are still really early so its so good that they caught it early, just try to relax, for the babies sake :)
  • Don't stress about it hun, I understand how you feel because your doctor mentioned the miscarrying but trust me that hypothyroidism is super common. I think doctors just need to cover their butts so they HAVE to inform us of any risks as small as they might be ya know? Maybe your body is just getting used to the meds so that's why you feel jittery, I started mine so long ago that I don't remember how it first felt. You are still really early so its so good that they caught it early, just try to relax, for the babies sake :)
  • @0811 thanks I'm waiting on my dr to call me back about it. I called them again. Usually they are pretty good about calling me back. I'm just so nervous. Thank you hun I will keep you posted :) I hope it wouldn't take 4 weeks but now I'm scared to go into hyper

@excitedforoctober thanks. I'm stressing big time about it. That make sense tho about trying to get there butt coverered. Idk if 125 is a normal dosage. I felt fine when I woke up this morning and then I took it and then I felt jittery again. So I'm thinking it definitely is the meds. I wonder after what time period hypothyroidism won't miscary. Like how many weeks.
  • @0811
    @excitedforoctober

The nurse called me back.my dr wants me to twke half my pill for the next 3 days and then on the 4th day take a full one. And then call them and tell them if its gotten better or worse. I took half already still feel a bit jittery. Gonns eat in a bit. Maybe that'll help but I doubt it
  • Hope that does help!