light pink spotting

edited May 2013 in Pregnant
I'm only 5 wks 3 days but have light pink spotting right after intercourse and still when I wipe. Is this something I should be worried about or is it normal. I never had this happen in my last pregnancy. I'm hoping its just an irritated cervix since this was the first time we have had sex since finding out and my appointment isn't until 6/3.

Comments

• As long as it's light pink spotting it's ok & probably from the sex. If it turns bright red then that's not a good sign. Praying it's just the spotting.
  • I had light pink spotting with my son in the first trimester after sex. I hope that's what it is hun. I'd just notify your dr.
  • Thanks ladies for responding it stopped and it was just light pink when I wiped. I'm gonna let the dr know when I'm seen in a couple weeks.
  • Yea after sex or being check down there there is always chance of a lil bleeding
  • That is very normal I had that with my first the first time having sex after we found out. The main time to worry if bleeding increases and u have cramping. Glad it stopped!
  • edited May 2013
    @2lilblessings thank you I figured
    And @jules thanks me too, I have been having slight cramps but they have been off and on since I got a positive test. Nothing bad just annoying. Yeah I had a miscarriage once and my son was a threatened miscarriage since I was spotting brown off and on for two weeks. Never had pink spotting before so it worried me.
  • Glad everything is ok!
  • How are you doing today? Any spotting?
  • Oh im sorry. I would be worried too. I mean it's natural to worry and in your case even more so. But try your best to take it easy somewhat and not to worry I know it's hard. Hopefully the spotting has stopped!
  • No spotting today, none since yesterday afternoon. So hopefully that is a good sign.keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Yay! That's awesome. I'm sure it was just from irritation
  • @PaulJrsMommy yes it is and I think so too since it stopped. Just gonna keep my eye out for it. I know with my first I was on pelvic rest so no sex till after the 12th week due to brown spotting. So we will see if the same thing happens this pregnancy.