Baby Adrian is here :)

2»

Comments

• Awwww glad u guys are doing good!
  • So happy for you! :)
  • Congrats!!:-)
  • I'm late but congratulations!!!! :)
  • Congratulations. He is gorgeous.
  • How are you doing? I've been thinking about you, are you getting any sleep? Lol
  • @wilsomom im doing good, but no lol, im not getting any sleep. His internal clock is completely turned around. He sleeps all day long and is awake for long periods of time at night. Im just sleeping when he sleeps right now.
  • Try to wake him up every few hours during the day if you can, but I know it's hard when you have no sleep! It seems like all babies have their days & nights mixed up at first. Glad you're doing ok though.
  • @wilsomom see, during the day he wakes up every 2 1/2-3 hours to eat. So i change his diaper, i feed him and i try to play with him but he falls asleep while i feed him or when i burp him. I used to feed him first and then change his diaper so that he would be awake for a little after his feeding but before his next nap but he started getting real fussy (especially because he has a lot of colic right now) so he would be awake and fussy for over and hour and it was hard to put him to sleep. Im still trying to get him into routine so that he can sleep longer during the night, but it might take a while lol.
  • Yeah, it takes a while sometimes especially when they're sleepy newborns. You're doing great! Hang in there! :)
  • @wilsomom i hope it doesn't take too long lol. I haven't had a good night's sleep since before he was born. I was probably 34wks the last time i slept through the night.
    Do you have any advice for me?? Lol.
  • Just keep trying to do the sleep/eat/play cycle like I told you before, he well get it turned around eventually. Remember, no play time at night though, strictly business. Lol No bright lights or anything at night. The first few weeks are the hardest due to them being so sleepy.
  • @wilsomom yeah i don't play with him at all at night. I feed him, change his diaper and pat him back to sleep, it just takes him longer to do so cause he has colic and because he sleeps so much during the day.
  • Yeah that makes sense. He'll get his days & nights turned around soon. Almost all newborns are like that because when pregnant we rock them during the day walking around then at night they wake up bc we're still! Lol Are you breastfeeding? If not have your hubby do a nighttime feeding so you can get some sleep at least once a night if possible. Does he burp good for you? That might help the colic too, burping halfway through the feeding & at the end. I'm sorry if I'm repeating stuff you probably already know, I'm just trying to think of anything I can to help you. :)
  • @wilsomom no worries, any advice is good advice :)