Speech problems.

edited May 2013 in Talking
Is anyone else's 26 month old still talking "baby talk?" Some things I can understand her but other things I just can't understand. She also has a bad lisp and when she says words,she doesn't say them right. Like she has the right idea but her sounding isn't correct. Should I go ahead with Speech Therapy that her Doctor recommended?

Comments

• They tried to get paul for speech therapy but we didn't want to put him through that. He is slowly saying more words. They learn on their own. You could still talk to her dr. Try reading more to her or kid interaction helps too.
  • I'd call early childhood intervention if you have one in town, they specialize in 0-3, Madison (19m) after spending $300 on a speech therapist went to 2 30 minute appointments and that lady was not good with her. ECI comes to your house (or meet at like McDonald's) and for us it's $55 a month, they base it on your income.
  • My Little Brother Had To Go To A Speech Therapist And It Did Not Help Him At All After Awhile Because EveryTime They Ask Him To Say Something He Would Say Purple And That's.. My Step Mom Got An App On Her Iphone And That Has Helped Him More Then The Therapist Did..
  • my daughter gets speech therapy twice a week. I was concerned that her talking was too baby talkish by the time she turned three. we got a referral for speech and have been doing it for almost 8 months. I've seen big changes in her. Like she would say yes, she'd drop the s and say ye, now she adds the s's to most of the words, like goose, yes, still working on miss. my daughter is also getting occupational therapy once a week because she has such poor attention. so this helps her sit longer, focus on an activity which will help when she goes to school. I'd definitely get her evaluated and go from there. I was surprised to see how delayed her speech was just because I was so use to her talking that way. plus the therapist will give you tools to help at home, things to try and practice.
  • She's still small I would worry if she's like my stepdaughter 5yo and I can't understand nothing but I can't do nothing the mother its on denial!!
  • @Angelmonkeymelody What App is that please?
    @2girls_1boy My husband is also in denial. I keep telling him to make the appointment or if I can make it for her and he refuses. He said she says a lot of things already. She'll say them but just not the right way. I want to just wait but I'm scared if I wait too long she'll just get worse. She was late on walking up and down stairs too but she finally caught up 2 months after the "expected" time for a 2 year old.
  • Im Not Sure But I Will Ask Her
  • Ok. Thank you ladies! I will continue to work with her and if she gets worse then I will seek advice from professionals. But I'm just hoping she'll grow out of it! Lol