update on breast feeding in comments

I know she should start cluster feeding tonight. Since we got home I've only fed 3. She eats like 10-15mins then knocks out for like 2+hours. When she sleeps for long period of times I try waking her every way possible

Comments

• Should I be concerned
  • If she seems content, then i would let her sleep, but if she is less than 2 weeks old, wake her up to eat.
  • Let her sleep. If she is hungry she will wake you. There is no set schedule for cluster feelings, only approximations. She will show you she is ready.
  • Thanks she has finally got on track with feedings I think.... Every two hour. She breastfeeding so well. I'm so proud. I really think she has been wore out from labor lol. Before I went in to hospital. I walked about 2laps at the YMCA. Then came home had a little adult time. So I think she was just wore out from the labor process lol. @Ashley_smashley
  • I bet she is! It's hard work!
  • 1. Will Tuesday be too early to introduce a bottle? I have a dentist appt my sister is going to watch the children. I mainly wanna make sure she has something to eat just in case the dentist office takes to long.
    2. What is the correct way to pump? Like I don't wanna pump too much.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We didn't introduce the boob until about 2_2.5 months old. Once he got the boob he didn't want to take a bottle.lol I personally do not think any baby wants a bottle over his mommy. I have talk to many women who say the same thing.

Pumping can make you over produce in a major way. At my WORST (it hurt) I got 9-10 ounces each breast A lc will tell u know more than 20 minutes each session, bc as long as u stimulate u will be producing. U do not want to pump 40 minutes just bc you are still getting milk. I pump about 15 on average unless I was really full I would go 20. Medela is very good but expensive
  • I couldn't be any more prouder of kailyn. She is breastfeeding so well.
    Sunday Birth:6 lbs13oz
    Tuesday discharge:6 lbs 8 oz
    Thursday 2 day weight check: 6lbs 12.5oz
    she feeds every 3 hours. feeds for hour on and off.
  • My supply was so high I donated hundreds (600) of ounces in the first six months.
  • U can call most hospitals and talk to a lc at no charge they will tell u not to pump for such a long period of time. Even a wic office will advise u even if you don't get wic. I had to find someone right away n they were the ones that helped me.
  • I may just take her to the dentist with me let my sister watch my son. She is breastfeeding so well I don't want to screw it up.
  • Could you reschedule your dentist appointment? It sounds like you're doing too much! Lol :)
  • No its for them to look at my wisdom teeth. I have 5weeks left to get them pulled before my pregnancy Medicaid runs out :/ . Or I would change my appointment. @wilsomom
  • I gotcha, well hopefully it will go quickly & smoothly.