hand feet mouth disease

edited May 2013 in Babies Health
The pedi sed this looks like wat my baby has . I just noticed my son has sum mouth sores an his gums are a little swollen an red an kinda purplish in spots its freaking me out would this be caused this ?

Comments

• Just a virus.. A VERY contagious one at that. Just has to run it's course. We had it last year at this same time. It's a real nightmare. Very uncomfortable!!
  • Yes it is definitely a nightmare! My son had it and we alternated Motrin and Benadryl. And mini popcicles helped.
  • @mommyof3girls @pregojenn is red purplish swollen gums part of it that's wat really scared me
  • I can't remember honestly I think the sores in his mouth looked white maybe. It was hard when he went thru it cuz there wasn't anything I could really do and he was getting molars too. Just gotta wait it out.
  • @pregojenn yea the sores are white they have those to the gums just kinda freaked me out
  • Aww hope he feels better:(
  • My son got it when he was 2 months old because some woman at our daycare thought that it was a good idea to still send her kid even though she knew they had it! Its spread through their poop too so be sure to really wash your hands and be careful where you change them
  • How long did it take for it to go away? I took Julian to the dr this morning and she said he has this. But he only has the blisters in the back of his throat. She said they might spread to his feet and mouth:( She said its very contagious.
  • @JuliansMommy we are on week 3! They feel lots better an are just being able to eat but still have sum sores n the mouth they never got on there hands an feet. Yes they started out wit a few an they got more each day. My sons only started on his throat also then went to his tongue gums an inside of his lips
  • Omg that's horrible!! That's a long time. Julian hasn't been eating good. He just wants jello & yogurt. He's been drinking a lot of pedialyte. Did you kids have diarrhea and vomiting? I'm glad your kids are feeling better.
  • @JuliansMommy no no diarrhea or vomiting they just ran fever for like 5 days tho . Hope he gets to feeling better sooner then my kids did its been horrible !
  • He's had diarrhea and he threw up the little bit of food he had eaten this morning:( thanks girl, I hope so too.