when you buy baby /kids clothes...

edited May 2013 in Just for Fun
Do you buy a little bigger size or exactly the size?

For example my lil one its almost 18 but I use 24 months ....

My 4yo daughter use 5t

And my 6yo uses 7to 8

Comments

• Depends on where I buy from or what it is. My 19 mo old won't fit in some 18mo clothes so I get 24 mo but there are some 24 mo clothes, especially shorts, that fit him too big but in general I do go a size up.
  • @ExcitedForOctober yeah you are right some of the shorts are way to big lol my lil man has tiny hips !
  • My son is 19 months most 24 month shirts are a lil big (I do not dry them bc of shrinkage) 2t is huge. I go with 24 months right now so they will fit all summer. Shorts 24 months drpending on brand I got 18-24 yesterday and they are huge. So now I am debating drying them or not since the are cotton. I tend to buy everything a lil big so the last the season.
  • Yeah I don't mind buying a little big but all 24 mo shorts fall right off his little behind lol
  • Shirts are a size up cause if they're too big whatever. Pants though...ugh. I hate buying my daughter pants. She's a size 12-18 months in the waist but size 3t-4t in length. (She's almost two.) So frustrating. Lol
  • edited May 2013
    Both my kids I have to buy bigger. my 20 month old is 3T for bottoms and tops are 4T.. fits him just right. My almost 5 month old fits snug-perfect in 6-9 months. so I get her 9 month clothes now.
  • My son wears 12mth to4t. It really depends on the brand. 12-18 in pants. Yesterday he had a pair of 4t overalls on they were osh kosh. Shirt are from 18months-2t
  • My lo is almost 20months. Some stuff is 12, some 18, and dresses I buy 24months. I actually found some tank tops that are a 4/5 that don't look to big but they'll fit her next year to.
  • My son is 20mo and wears a 3-4t depending on the brand. I like to buy stuff a little big so he can wear it for a while.
  • I just look at the size make sure she will have room to grow for at least few weeks. Nothing that looks too big though and falling off of her. So I guess I get them tinny bit big..noting drametic.
  • @Jules I know what you mean the only way I buy big big clothes is if they are on clearance and I saved for next year
  • That's always good I only have couple of outfits like that just cause my daughter has a lot of clothe already and don't wanna have big mess. And all her clothe she grows out I wash seperate by size put them in space bags and then away into plastic bin storage and label that so everything is nice and organized in case I need to get anything out or pass clothe down to family or friends. Or just have it nicely put away. Sure saves lots off room. I'm clean freak sometimes lol.
  • @jules that's exactly what happened to me I have a huge mess bacause the weather its changing from 50's to 90's from day to day and I can't put nothing away but damn im ready to pick up those huge and bulky winter clothes!
  • Oh I would hate that it's easier for me since the weather is pretty much same and if it gets cooler it's only enough for light sweater nothing big and bulky. Althouh winter gets cooler but nothing crazy to were we have to have to completely re organize the closet and put away summer stuff and put away winter. That sure would be a lot of work.
  • My daughter is tiny. She fits into some 6-9 month clothes up to some 2t clothes. She's 19 months. Clothes are made differently depending on the brand. But i most always buy 24 months. :)
  • My Lil one is 1 on Thursday. He is in 12m, some 18m, even some 9m but I'm putting that away because it's getting to sort he looks like a dork. I have been buying stuff got when he is older... I have 24/2t for stuff this winter!
  • I buy bigger. Like 12 months I go 12-18 months sizes. When they got to 18 months it went 18-24 months. I like carters clothing for that reason because it seems like their clothes tend to go farther than other brands. I like that they can wear them longer