zofran

edited May 2013 in Pregnant
Does anyone who has taken the dissolveable zofran get massive headaches from it. With my first pregnancy I was on zofran but it was the pill u swallow and never got headaches like this. I know its a side effect since its clearly printed on the bottle but this sucks. But without it I can't even keep water down. :(

Comments

• Nope it makes me constipated tho :/
  • Yeah me too which sucks enough lol but these headaches are horrible :(
  • I get horrible headaches from the pills myself.
  • You can just swallow it or call your Dr and have our changed
  • No headaches here, just constipation.
  • Nope. I took that stuff regularly when I was pregnant both times. I had awful morning sickness. I took the dissolvable ones too.
  • Thanks ladies I have an appt Monday so I will ask than and will just deal with the head aches so I can eat and drink. What do you ladies take for the constipation? Or are you just upping your fiber intake?
  • I put benefiber in everything I can. I also eat prunes, dried apricots and cherries. It just sucks because I'm used to pooping everyday, sorry TMI, and now it's like every other day or every two days and when I do go its very hard and uncomfortable.
  • @Frantasic I'm the same exact way that's why asked. Maybe I will try a fiber supplement and see if it helps.
  • edited June 2013
    They can prescribe a stool softener too. The headaches did finally go away for me after taking the zofran about 3 weeks.
  • @Wilsomom okay ill ask when I go for my appt monday. I hope they go away soon they are brutal and I'm usually not one to get headaches.
  • You can get an OTC stool softener such as Dulcolax Stool Softeners. It is the same as what they rx. Take about 3-4/day to help the constipation. If you are getting bad headaches from it, ask for phenergan. you can take that in the evening. Suppositories are best and have the least amount of side effects. Was the only thing that helped me! :)
  • @captivated I have colace is that one fine to take while pregnant also?
  • In the beginning I did but I guess I've just gotten so used to them
  • No headaches but deff constipation. Colace and more fiber
  • @Maddysmom16 I either am getting used to them but also seems like I'm not getting them as often so that's a good thing.

@puddsmommy thank you I'm trying both and hoping it helps.
  • No problem. I made these no bake peanut butter bars and they do the trick :) very yummy n easy to make
  • Oh really what's the recipe
  • I'l have to look it up but I think it was 1 cup of peanut butter 1 cup honey 3 cups oatmeal spread it out and let it sit for awhile. I add drizzled chocolate over the top and some nuts in it. I make it at night cover it and eat for breakfast. It's yummy and deff helps with constipation. My daughter likes it too
  • Okay great I'm gonna try it!!