Double vision after surgery? PLEASE PRAY

My daughter had a d&c yesterday morning. She's been sick with a head & chest cold so she took some Nyquil before bed last night at 11pm. She woke up today with double vision, she can't read or focus on anything. And her eyes are dilated huge. She can see far away though. Any ideas?

Comments

• Is she taking any other pain medicine the first thing that comes to my mind is mixing the nyquil with another medication? Have she called her docto ask if it has ever happened to others before.
  • I was thinking the same thing as @jules
    I think it might be from. Mixing it with what ever was given to her at the hospital and if she was given anything for pain management at hhome
  • edited June 2013
    The only other thing she took was ibuprofen earlier in the day. She called her dr which said if it doesn't go away in 2 days to go to the hospital. 2 days sounds kind of long to me though, so she said she'll go in tonight if it's not any better. @jules , would your husband know anything since he's an emt? Somme have suggested possible blood clot from surgery which I think could be dangerous, right?
    @LittleFae
  • She talked to her friend's mom who's a nurse & she said the dilated eyes & double vision could be a mini stroke. So she's on the way to the hospital with my mom. I did notice she was having a hard time talking today, like saying the wrong word or pausing to find the right word. I hope she ok. Please send prayers & positive thoughts her way!
  • Praying for her!
  • @My2Boys thank you!

I forgot to say she's also had a headache all day.
  • Praying for her !
  • He says sounds like she has blood clot which can cause strock which is risk with surgery. He said blurry vision double vision, head aches, dificulty speaking or finding the right words to explain what your trying to say are all sign of possible strock coming. One doesn't have to have all the symptoms he says go in right away! The only other thing that can cause it he says is super high blood pressure. So if u have way to measure that then u can cross out the strock. But either way she needs to go in.
  • Please update me or contact us with anymore questions my sister is also a PA so got lots medical people in the family. They obviously can't diagnose without seeing her but that's first things came to him. I'm praying for her.
  • Update?
    You're all in my thoughts
  • Update? Thoughts and prayers still coming :)
  • Praying shes doing alright! Update when you can!
  • Nyquil has codeine in it some people will drink it just to get high but I've never heard of ibfrophine doing anything like that
  • She had a cat scan & everything looked fine. They said it was more likely a reaction to the anesthesia rather than the Nyquil & to give it a couple days. She can see a little better today than yesterday so hopefully it keeps getting better.
  • Thats great news !
  • That's great! Hope she feels better soon :)
  • I just seen this. I'll still pray for her. God bless her.