im 2weeks pp would it be ok if i walk

Around the block.?Or should I wait a little longer? I hate feeling trapped in the house. I know my son is too.

Comments

• Yep! Just don't over exert yourself!
  • Yeah, you can take a walk around the block. Just take it easy, don't turn it into a power walk lol. I had my 2week pp appointment today and the doctor told me i can go out for a walk and i can drive too... If im allowed to do that and i had a c-section, im sure you can too since you delivered vaginally.
  • U will be perfectly fine I ran through my entire pregnancy with my daughter and I'm was still don't 5 miles just few days before my water broke and being professional dances I took my last ballet class the night before and I went back to classes exactly one week after. If u had smooth delivery like I did I don't see why not unless u weren't doing that activity before u had the baby or if u have bad tears I didn't have any so felt totally normal only few days after and wasn't bleeding either so. I think walk would be good :)
  • I didn't tear bad this time. Just little one. Lol. I feel like I've been trapped in the house the past few months. The weather is finally getting nice. @perly @Ashley_smashley @jules
  • Well just little walking will be fine it's good to get out get some air plus light exercise Will get the blood flowing and help healing process! I hate staying inside that's why I do something even if it's small everyday I would go crazy lol
  • Well I've been going on car rides
  • The nurses at the hospital made me get up and walk right the next day after my c-section. And i've been walking ever since without a problem. I've been to the store already too lol. Im not doing overworking myself, but im moving around to make my recovery easier on me. The doctor said im healing very well, so now that she said i can go on walks, im definitely going to do it.
    Don't be afraid, as long as you move at your own pace and you're not carrying anything heavier than your baby you should be fine.
  • Yea I've had no problem moving. Now if Kailyn weighed closer to 8lbs I probably be whinning about the pain still lol. But she basically slid right out so this recovery has been alot easier and quicker compared to last time. I knew what to expect this time around. Wasn't.sure if I walked a block or 2 if it would hurt any Since I'm still bleeding. I've noticed when I do more I bleed more. Lol @perly
  • Might as well do more and get the blood to get finished coming out tho right? I never even thought about it but we went on a walk, about 4 blocks the morning after we got home from the hospital. Turned around when I got sore.