Help!!

My 20 month old has recently discovered how to get out of his car seat. He slides the clip down and takes his arms out. Have any of you had this problem? I'm constantly pulling over and putting it back on and within minutes he takes it off. I work in the insurance industry and I deal with car accidents everday and the thought of something happening scares me to death. I've looked online and I haven't really found anything that will help that. Any ideas?

Comments

• Well sounds like it needs to be a lot tighter my daughter can figure the idea of getting her arms out but it would be too hard with the minimal space she has to do so. There should only be room to stick finger in between the chest and the chest strap therefore he wouldn't be able to slid it down.
  • Oh no! These kids are getting too smart for us! :-S ...I hope you find a solution, but yeah I think the first thing would be trying to put it tighter.
  • Make the straps tighter and see how that works.
  • @jules- It is on tight, I make sure I put him in there correctly. He grabs the harness from the sides and slides it down. My friends actually make fun of me because I take a long time putting him in his car seat, but I do that because I want to make sure I strap him in correctly.
  • @ExcitedForOctober - See that's the thing it's on tight but this lil he-man is so strong. My family calls him baby hulk...lol I was thinking of heading over to babies r us on my lunch and seeing if they have anything there.
  • That's weird I can't see a way for my lo to get out so that's all I could think of. Guess his just super smart!
  • @jules- I know I thought I was the only one going through this. But after going on babycenter there's actually a lot of kids doing this around his age. I got a few suggestions from there too.
  • What car seat do you have? Sometimes it's hard for me to take my daughter out of hers...lol
  • Maybe buy a portable dvd or something to keep him very entertain and distract him for a bit
  • edited June 2013
    @monkey_girl - he has the Evenflo Symphany 65 convertible car seat, this child is too smart for his own good. My coworker suggested I buy the car seat strap covers and put them on the bottom instaed of up top so he wouldn't be abler to slide the harness down. I tried it and he took the covers right off.X(
    @2lilblessings - I thought about that, I might actually give that a try. Thanks!
  • Well I'm glad u found some ideas I hope something works out!
  • Lol! Ay ay ay! I just imagine your face when he took the covers off lol
  • You might have to bring the carseat in the house so you can work on figuring out how to keep him in it without being in the car driving. Whether you discipline him for getting out, reward him for staying in or a little of both, doing it in a safe environment first will help you feel better.
  • Mine has figured out how to unclip his they used to sell a lock but don't know where to find out now.
  • @excitedforoctober- yes girl, I was pissed!!.
    @eeyore-you might want to checkout this site monkeytyz.com. I'm ordering it for Julian as I tried everything.
  • Super glue the strap to his shirt. Lol jk obviously kidding. Um i don't even know :(
  • Mine has been pushing the chest clip down, and I ended up yelling at his father for it the other day. oops! lol