Any ladies needing advice please :(

I will try to make this short and sweet. Lol
My best friend of 13 yrs is the issue. For the past 4 yrs and I mean something happens every year since then. She is shady and I hate to say that but she is. I see right thru her lies and bs. However each and every time I have said something it always has gotten turned around on me. Each yr. When she meets someone new. I always get on the back burner. I didn't say much the first 2 yrs of it cause I don't like drama. However the last 2 I have. But when she gets tired of the new friend. Which any of those aren't in her life anymore. She's there once again. Well I have tried pulling away the last 2 yrs when that happens because I don't think that's fair. She doesn't like having a circle of friends, which I find so odd at our age. Early 30's. It reminds me of a 5 yr who doesn't wanna share their friends. Anyways in late oct when I was out her house I would make little conversation with her neighbor and I could she didn't like that. But her neighbor has a baby almost same age in common. When we all went trick n treating which her and I have done every year the past 6. This last one she invited her which I was surprised cause she never talked to her and I was kind of the odd ball out. I got left many houses behind and felt like I was kind of just a intruder. My husband noticed it and thought that was strange. However I let t slide. Well here we are now in June and we hardly hang out anymore. When I don't make much contact. She says I been trying to get out of her life yet when I have tried to say lets do this and that she can't. (Her husband is very controlling) but the neighbors husband is just like her husband so they all get along. Which I'm happy for her. But I don't fit no where in that equation although she will say so. She doesn't show it. She has plain out ditched me so much that I'm tired of it. I really wanna walk out of this whole situation. It does stress me a lot and I'm pregnant and don't need or want it. The change would be hard. She is someone I talk to everyday thru text. However. I feel like a Monday thru Thursday friend and not a good enough weekend friend. She says she can't do stuff on weekends. But it's like stuff is thrown in my face from FB cause their doing stuff. No I'm not jealous. I just never understood why someone can't balance their life. I have been there for them alot when they were having money problems I have yet seen the money back. Etc. I pretty much feel I'm the outcast now and I'm just tired of going in circles. Because in a few months her friend will get old and then she will need me again. I don't want a part time friend ya know. Mind y'all we live literally across the street. Any advice??? I don't want to completely loose contact if I'm making it bigger than it is.

Comments

• Also to give you an idea of her. She is one of those that its about "me me me" a attention seeker. She had a affair on her husband a few yrs ago with her ex that he hates and he found out and even till this day. She still texts him everyday. It's like she doesn't care who she hurts. I never judged her affair I did put my 2 cents in. But she is a very hard person to admit her faults or to tell her how you feel. She gets very defensive easily.
  • Honestly, I have to wonder why your her friend? Cause she's clearly not being one to you. That doesn't mean you have to flip your Shit on her, but stop dropping everything for her, and being at her BBeck and call.
    I can totally relate to you though, I have a horrible tendency to find these types of friends, ones who use me and come to me when its convenient. I know its because I'm a loyal person, and always want to be there for people, but I've realized that I need to be loyal to myself first.
    I think if you sit back and look at it, you know she's not a friend. Stick up for yourself. You deserve to be surrounded by people who genuinely care about you.
  • Thank you. I needed to hear that. I'm very loyal and yes your right. I have been there every beck and call and I'm sick of it. My husband really told me the truth this past Saturday and boy did it hurt. She of course wanted to be there for my gender reveal. (Hence she could never do anything on weekends but sure made it to that) she likes to be involved in big things like that. My husband was upset she was coming he clearly said " she doesn't care about you babe open your eyes" so I guess since then i have been thinking about that. It just sucks and hurts. How some people can be like that. Especially as close as we once were before these past 4 years. Thank you I really appreciate your input.
  • Well sounds to me like u kniw exactly what u need to do. I think u just needed to write it out to help yourself walk through it. U sounds somewhat like me when it comes to good friends I will do anything for them, and as time gone on especially last year I really saw that some of them will do absolutely nothing for me not that I ever asked. And I have could great friends who have done soomuch and I've never had to ask. And it's funny bc I continued being super nice with the others although I knew just wasn't true friendship for them and now that we moved few months ago all the once I've questioned like u are I don't even keep in contact with not bc I haven't tried bc I did at first but it takes two. And the once who have been amazing still are they meet me half way weather it's too call or text and catch up I have one couple hours away we meet her for dinner tonight for my birthday. And the main one I been questioning for last year well she proved my point in a bad way when I was the one who totally went out of the way to spend time with her when I was in our old town. She flat out lied about being busy at the last minute then posted something on Facebook stupid of her do I knew she wasn't doing what she said she would do at last minute. Well let's just say I've always been there for her just like u for your "friend" and after that I haven't even wasted my time trying to talk to her about it she shouldn't be acting like she's 5 your right some people do that I'm just choosing to move on. I know who my friends are they are the once we can go long without seeing each other mainly bc of our move but bc we put effort into staying in great contact bc we want to be there for each other when we do see each other feels like we never left and no one was replaced. I think u should just focus on u u deserve that she's doing it. I'm sure the time u wssted trying be her friend will be replaced by a real friend really soon!
  • You're welcome. I'm sure your husband wasn't trying to hurt you. Quite the opposite, he probably hates seeing her hurt you. My husband has said the same things to me, after I've kind of brought it up. It hurt my feelings too, but I know he has the best intentions for me.
    Hang out with your other friends, and next time she wants to do something...well do it if it works for you and you want to do it. If it doednt work or you don't want to, just say, sorry! Can't do that. Maybe another time.
    I know it'll feel good to stand up for yourself even in a small way like that!!
  • Thank you @jules @natashalynn. It has been weighing on my mind and woke up with a very bad headache. Needless to say I know what I gotta do. It's not going to be easy and I'm sure I will get nasty texts eventually. I just decided to go MIA on her. If I attempted any conversation about the topic it would turn into "I'm playing victim etc" and I really just don't wanna hear it anymore. Thanks again for y'all's advice
  • Best of luck luv. Stick to your guns and lean on your man for support if you need. And us of course. :)
  • U know my advice to u which is what I did and helps that way I don't feel bad. Is don't contact the person yourself and if they do just be short but nice and only if you're actually free otherwise respond later. If it's a phone call don't answer just text back say sorry really busy what's up..and if any point she asks to do something find something else say I actually have plans. I personally find it hard to totally ignore cause I end up feeling bad and u might get crap from her. This way what happens is after some time they just get tired of being the once trying and stop. It's exactly what u want that way it's her choice u end up not feeling bad and good chance won't get crap from her and if u do u can be honest say all I'm sorry things have been busy im sure u know how that is. That's it! Spend more time making plans with your real friends be available to them then u actually do become busy and enjoying yourself by that point u won't care at all what is going on with her.
  • I'm going through something like that. My friend isn't married or has children and feels that since I do she has nothing in common with me and feels that she can't hang out with me. We still do on occasion but honestly I'm cutting her out of my life. Were not dead just because we have kids! If someone wants to be part of your life they'll be a part of your whole life! Just move on you don't need that.
  • Thanks ladies. I sure will be moving on. I did get the nasty texts as I assume and it made it more clear as to why I don't need to have someone so selfish in my life. I hv never seek to advice on this and sure glad I have. Cause she sure made it seem I was playing victim. And today I didn't fall for it. Thanks again all :)
  • I'm glad you asked for others input. I think there are a lot of women who go through similar situations. Its often in our natures, I think, to be loving, forgiving ans loyal. Its really a shitty feeling when you realize someone has taken advantage of such good qualities in you. Stay strong lady!!
  • Can't believe she already is being negative that was fast. For sure good thing your moving on. She sounds selfish and not mature at all