im such a dummy.

edited June 2013 in Sleep
You would think after letting one child sleep in the bed I would make sure my baby girl doesn't follow the same path. Well I slipped up and let her in the bed twice. Now she wants to sleep in the bed. Their just not enough room for me her,Isaiah, and hubby. So I've been trying to put her back in her bassinet even if its just for a few hours.

Comments

• Eeeeek! I vow to make next baby a crib baby. :-)
  • Lol I vowed the same thing. One night I woke up super tired so I let her bf. I fell asleep while she fed. That happen twice in a row. @mijita
  • I didn't think a newborn could get used to the bed, my son slept with me until he was about 4mo and had no problems going in his crib, hoping to do the same with this baby coming.
  • Both my boys slept in the crib from the beginning. They only come in my bed when sick or had a dream
  • Omg, tell me about it!!! I swore up and down that i would not let this baby sleep in bed with me cause i didn't want my story to repeat itself (basically my mom let me sleep with her and i ended up sleeping with her till i was a teen lol.). Well at the hospital i let him sleep on my chest and now he won't sleep in his bassinet -_____-
  • I don't get the whole kids sleeping with their parents thing. My mom never let me sleep in bed with her and my dad. And when I had my son, sure the first few days at the hospital he slept on me but as soon as we were home he slept in his crib. I don't see how it ends up happening because I feel like there's hardly enough room for me and my husband in our bed let alone adding a kid to the mix.
  • I agree it takes a certain tolerance to have your child sleep with you, it's not for everyone.
  • Idk I felt the same way in the beginning . But I actually feel like they are safer in my room. If their is a fire or someone tries to kidnap them. They're right their by my side. I figured when my son is ready to leave the nest he will. I've actually thought about getting him a small toddler bed setting it up in my room. Kailyn sleeps in my bed and the bassinet. I wasn't allowed to sleep with my parents. If I ever got really scared I would head to the couch or their bedroom floor. Lol @frantastic @perly @sands3 @excitedforoctober @mijita
  • edited June 2013
    I slept on my parents bedroom floor too lol. My mom is 6ft tall and my dad is 6'5" so my mom strait up told me there was no room for me in their bed. I would sleep on they floor with our dog :) @stephforever89
  • My mom gave me a king size bed and we all 4 sleep in the bed he sleeps in a snuggle nest but he prefers the bed lol he sleeps half the night on the nest and half on the bed
  • Lol one time remember being so scared I triped over something in the floor and skined my nose on the carpet. @frantastic @2lilblessings I would love a king bed. I've actually been looking on Craigslist.
  • My mom has been divorced since i was 2 years old, so it was easy for her to let me sleep with her. When she was still married, i slept in a crib.

Now, the problem with my baby... I have no clue how im gonna fix it, but i will eventually lol. He's barely 2 weeks old and he's my little miracle so im still very attached and amazed by him. That's why i don't have the strength to let him sleep on his own, even if he's next to me.
  • I can't have kids in our bed my hubby let his daughter to that sometimes before me then I was like no sorry one there's no room two we were crazy so kinda sucked if we wanted to do anything he would have to take her back to her room. So one day it was no more. Therefore when we were pregnant with our first we weren't even gonna start that habit we had our daughter in her bassinet as newborn or if something was wrong other then that she was always in her room in her crib thank God for sure doing same thing this time around. I have no idea how people sleep with their kids. But @perly my advice to u personal since his still little have him in bassinet but in your room that way he won't have problem sleeping by himself but u will feel better knowing his right there.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've never been into cosleeping either. I always use a bassinet in the same room for a couple months though. I did let my newborn sleep propped up between me & my hubby once though when he had rsv & could hardly breathe.
  • I love cosleeping when they sleep lol. The newborn thing takes some getting use to. My daughter may never get to actually sleep in the bed like my son does.n only because there is no room. I'm more worried about my son accidently hurting sissy than me rolling on her ect. I'm not booting my son out until he is ready. @homebirthadvocate @wilsomom she sleeps pretty well on her bassinet. I just have to make sure she is swaddled. My son was completely different he hated swaddling,and his crib which was in our room.
  • @jules the bassinet is in my room, he's just not staying in it. And swaddling is also not an option because he hates having his arms stuck in his blanket...
    Honestly, it doesn't bother me to have him in bed with me now but i know eventually he'll be too big and we won't fit anymore that's why i wanted to get him used to sleeping in his bassinet right beside me. I guess he got used to my body heat lol... And that's ok with me. I'll work on getting him to sleep on his own when the time comes.
  • @perly well good luck hope it works out later and isn't too hard!
  • I love co sleeping with my daughter. Its so nice to just open my eyes and see if she's okay and go right back to sleep. But with this next baby I'm putting it in the crib. And her in her toddler bed because it will be too hard to sleep with both on the bed :/
  • @Mommylovessparkles its not too bad. Just doesn't leave alot of room. Also I'm more worried about my son doing something. The other day he threw a toy car at her. He is still learning whats nice and.what Isn't.
  • My son slept in my arms til he was 2
  • Oh wow. A toy car. Atleast she's okay. I'm training my daughter from now to be nice to the new baby. I hope she understands.
  • It grazed her eye. Daddy pop his butt told him we don't throw toys. That he hurt sissy. Its kind of difficult to explain to him that she is tiny and so forth when he is just a baby himself. He has came a long way in 2weeks though. At first he didn't have nothing to do with me or her. Now he wants to hold,kiss ,highfive,pound it/fist pump,protect her,tickle herfeet and lots more. Lol @mommylovessparkles @Ashley_smashley yeah I believe my son will be in my bed forawhile