Really?

I was at the OB/gyn today and he was telling me a story. He said this girl maybe 5 weeks along went to Dallas to try and abort the baby, they told her it was too early (she was about 5 weeks) and sent her home. She called my dr asking for an ultrasound, she goes in a week later and guess what? It's twins, she's keeping them, but I think that's bullshit. There are many many people who can't have even one child and this girl who didn't want one gets 2???
I should be happy for her but I'm not, I'm saddened for all the people who can't have children.
Ugh, pisses me off

Comments

• I get sad for that reason too all those who want kids soo bad have hard time. However we don't know the entire story of this lady maybe she had true change of heart really prayed about. Maybe she's doing it all on her own and was very scared and after a lot of prayer and talking to her loved once she got the support she needs. In the end those babies will be here (hopefully) and have an amazing life.
  • Talk about a violation of patient confidentiality, regardless if a name wasn't provided. I'd be more mad that my doctor shared that story with me than the story itself. Ugh!
  • @mijita I thought the same thing.
  • Yea some ppl cab be ungrateful they dony count their wonderful blessings makes me sad at least shes keeping them hopefully she's a good mother to them
  • @mijita I'm changing hospitals so I won't have him anymore
    @starxoxo9 this is true, I guess as long as she takes care of them, that's all that matters
    @2lilblessings let's hope so
  • I agree with @jules you just don't know the situation. I personally would not abort but I believe every woman has a right to decide for herself.

I also think doctors talk all the time. I would not switch my doctor bc of something like that. I mean if you had a problem n he told you a story about a woman how successfully went through the same thing, would there b a problem then? There were no names given, right?
  • @candy101 I'm switching hospital's because one just had a makeover and has futon's for hubby to sleep on instead of half of a recliner. He said he wasn't sleeping in that recliner again, I don't blame him, he was so uncomfortable that he didn't help with Madison a whole lot in the hospital
    Sorry, I should have been clear! I love my dr but need hubs to be happy/helpful
  • @mijita I was thinking that too especially with having doc in the family and hubby being paramedic I would be shocked if my doc was talking about another person in his practice. Especially what if that was me or my family or friends he was talkin about I'm sure they wouldn't want their story shared even with no names not very professional. He better pray that patient doesn't find out.
  • edited June 2013
    I agree @jules. It's a very small world and had he told that story to the wrong person, he'd be looking at trouble. That was a very unique story and easily distinguishable. It was very inappropriate to repeat to a patient.
  • @candy101; doctors confer with each other all the time, but it's inappropriate to repeat a patient's experience. It is possible that this individual wasn't a patient and that gave him the freedom to feel he could say something. It's still inappropriate, regardless.
  • @mijita yep not just innappropriate but did he forget signing the doc patient confidentiality? It's against the law. Before my husband and I were married he wouldn't even want to put my doc in those shoes so he always waited for me in the waiting room bc it's only information between the doc and patient. If I decided to tell people that's one thing but doc aren't allowed to at all they can get sued for it. That's why if a doc may feel like he needs a second opinion he has to have the patient sign a form that states it's ok to share information I know most of us have seen that before I have.
  • I'm pretty sure that's a major HIPPA violation. I know at my office we can't even have the schedules up on our computers without making sure the privacy guard is on so other patients can't see people's info. I would never talk about one patient to another patient, even to tell a positive uplifting story to "help" them, for fear of getting myself or the practice sued.
  • Same here. I work in a pediatrics clinics now and I see my husbands friends kids a lot and I don't even tell him that I saw them. The other day he was like how come you didn't tell me you saw so and Sos kids? Because its not my business to tell! I can see if that story had something to do with your health but it didn't and that's just a random story for them to tell you about a patient whether or not he used names or not. Because I know when I worked in family practice we saw a lot of people with high blood pressure or diabetes and the Dr would tell them about how one person was having issues like the patient so she switched medications and it helped. It was stuff like that would kind of go with what was going on at the moment.