Fiber one bars

edited June 2013 in Pregnant
So I have been eating these the past few days and just realized the first ingredient is chicory root extract. I did a google search and it says if consumed in large amounts can cause contractions and miscarriage and should be avoided during pregnancy and while ttc. Im almost 9 weeks and of course worry since I have had a previous miscarriage. Does anyone know about chicory root and what's considered to be a high dosage?

Comments

• I don't know about amounts, but I know that I ate at least one or two a day during my 3rd trimester, and part of my 2nd to help with constipation. I have a feeling that it takes quite a bit too do any harm. And more than likely it is the root itself, not the small amount in the bars. My daughter is fine. Don't stress about it.
  • U will be ok I love things my hubby and I eat them all the time I had them a lot with my first pregnancy too. I think its more if u were consuming a time straight not just little in fiber bar.
  • Okay thanks ladies I figured there wasn't enough but wanted to make sure and ask for others opinions.