Car accident/health insurance question

Jan. 2012 we were in an accident, we took my daughter to the hospital, she was 3 months and inconsolable so we wanted to make sure everything was ok. We had bcbs and Medicaid, I just got a letter from bcbs wondering if there was a claim ever filed. We did get a little bit of money (and spent it already, it's been more than a year!) is bcbs trying to get the money back they paid? Or they just want more info?
My pregnant self is freaking out, we don't have the money to pay back medical bills.
Please help! I'd like more info before calling them

Comments

• They may be. Because most states require u to have bodily injury as part of your auto insurance. So bcbs might be trying to deny the claim because it was an auto accident not a medical problem or just an accident in general. Going through something similar. Our military dental insurance switched companies last year so they denied my oral surgery claim and I just got a letter last week saying its been denied
  • They could be doing either or both. But you won't know until u contact them. In sure there will be payment plan if they do want money. I wouldn't freak out just yet.
  • @cetheridge I'm hoping they're wanting the other party's information so that the can go after them for the money. Don't you love how it takes them a year to figure it out?
    @jules if they want money I'm going to have to get an attorney :-S we didn't get much back from the settlement, which was supposed to pay all medical bills
  • I see. Well u can start looking for someone who will do it pro bono since money is tight and call them as soon as u can to figure out what it is that they want bc u never know it could be no big deal..