Sick Toddler :(

My 20mo old has me really worried. He has had a fever since Saturday night, now today he has a runny nose AND he's vomiting every single thing he puts in his mouth, as tiny as a piece of cracker. His eyes are also watery leading me to believe its a viral cold, like his doctor said when I took him in today. But when we got home from the doctor is when the puking everything started and that's what has me worried the most. He gets really lethargic at times when his fever goes up.

Any ideas what this could.be?

Comments

• No idea but I hope he gets better soon!
  • edited June 2013
    My toddler gets these episodes where he suddenly starts vomiting every single thing,even water, gets a fever, is inconsolable. When it first started happening I would take him to the er because I feared dehydration and couldn't figure out what was possibly wrong. Nobody could ever tell me what was going on. He wouldnt be specifically sick with anything - it would just get over itself in a day or two. This happens ever month or every other month since he was about 15 months old he's 26 months now. I've kinda got the routine down when I know its happening again - children's tylenol for fever, anti-nausea/vomiting for his bellly, and pedialyte even though I know he will throw it up. I dont give him any food at all until he is able to keep a couple ounces of the pedialyte down because having him eat just upsets his stomach more and seems to make the vomiting painful. Im not sure if this.helps your situation but just thought id share my experience maybe try the methods see if it helps. I've not yet heard of another child with the issue my son has. Its a mystery. If yours continues with fever and vomiting id suggest taking him to er to be sure he doesn't get dehydrated or to monitor the fever. My sons fever has reached 105 when he gets his bout. That's scary stuff better to be safe all around. Good luck
  • Oh poor thing wish I could help. What did the doc say to do. I know it was before the vomiting I would call back fist thing in morning just tell themu were in yesterday and it's getting worst u would like to know what u should do now that he can't even keep anything down.
  • Poor baby :( i don't have any advice except i hope he feels better asap!
  • Thanks ladies, he had a slight fever all night long. If he still has a temp today I will take him in again tomorrow.
  • How's your son doing today? Hope he's feeling better
  • @angie87 he is all better now, thanks for asking :)
  • Glad he's feeling better. :) My now 16 year old used to get sick with a fever when he was growing up at least once a month. We could never figure out what it was, but as soon as his ears started turning red I knew here we go again. That was his only symptom besides huge lymph nodes & vomiting from the high fever. Sounds like @adriens_mommy . It went away around adolescence.
  • @wilsomom oh gosh, I couldn't imagine! I worry soooo much when he gets a fever, especially ever since he had a febrile seizure. I am ALWAYS touching his forehead and hands to see if he feels warm even when he is perfectly fine, he is starting to get annoyed with it because he swats my hand away lol
  • Oh yeah, I remember you talking about the seizure. Yeah, that would scare me to death too. None of my kids have ever had one.