best treatment for head lice help please !!

edited June 2013 in Just for Fun
My 6 year old neice has caught this from a friend she had the treatment 3 times now an she still has sum anybody know of sumthn to get rid of this !??

Comments

• Mayo or olive oil, wrap up and let it sit over night. Section pieces and Comb through
  • Oh poor thing I had them when I was kid I just remember having head wrapped for long time then my mom brushing every little section of hair out took forever. But I have heard of the mayo thing like @sands3 said. Worth try!
  • I had it a few times in elementary school. My mom always used Rid and then combed it with that super tiny comb. My cousin had it so bad when she was about 6 that her grandparents had no choice but to shave her head! Just a coincidence but every family member I know that has gotten it was living in Las Vegas including me.
  • Drench hair in alcohol in a well ventilated area. Wrap in a towel for like a half hour. Wash hair with soap and water. Do a final rinse with straight white vinegar. Comb in small sections with a lice comb or flee comb.
  • I heard tea tree oil. Put a few drops in shampoo to prevent it but i don't know how to get rid of it.
  • Thanks everyone we will try all these if we have to
  • Does she have siblings that aren't being treated? Have all of the blankets, pillow cases, sheets, clothes, etc., been washed? Have all of the stuffed animals been bagged up and taken out of the house? If these things are being neglected, treating her will be ineffective as the lice are still in the house. Getting lice really sucks but you have to be extremely thorough otherwise you'll never get rid of them.
  • ^^ yes, make sure to treat everyone & wash everything you can with hot water, vacuum things that can't be washed like couches & cloth chairs, bag anything cloth like stuffed animals, etc. don't forget to vacuum the car. The most important thing is combing out every single stand of hair with a special nit comb & repeating the combing once a week for a few weeks. It really sucks, but if you caught it early all these things should work. Good luck!
  • I went camping when I realized my daughter had lice so all I had on me was tea tree oil. Put some in the brush, brushed it through, braided it, repeated the next day and they were gone including all the eggs!
  • I use tea tree oil for everything lol. It repels bed bugs too. Any time i go to hotels, i take a bottle and spray everything lol i put a few drops in all of our shampoos...we have never had it, nor do i know anyone that has...im just a parinoid freak lol...dr. oz is where i heard it from lol...i hope someyhing works for you!!! Good luck! :)
  • Thanks everyone we got rid of it ! @coltensmamma I bought tea tree oil an put it on my kids so they wouldn't get it lol
  • That's good news! Head lice are a pain for sure.
  • Magnolias the flower if u break it up in ur hands ull get the oil from the flower run it through the hair thst oil is one of the main ingredients of rid and works for my daughter