Is he coming soon?

Had my 38 week appt today, will be 39 weeks on Thurs. And I am dilated to a 3, almost 4 she also stripped my membranes because they want to induce me by Thurs if he doesn't come on his own. I really hope he comes on his own because I don't want to get induced! What do u ladies think?!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Why do they want to induce you? Have you been having complications?
  • If you're almost a 4 & they stripped your membranes then I'd say you'll probably go any day now. If you do make it to Thursday you can tell them you'd like to wait since your body is obviously doing what it should.
  • Yea I agree ^^^^ Good luck and lots of labor dust sent ur way
  • edited June 2013
    Sounds like he maybe coming soon. Good Luck! From my experience induction is awful. I am 42 weeks and didn't want to be induced this time so waited as long as possible. I let them finally set an induction day for 43 weeks and 1 day.
  • I agree with @heather3girls1boy. I had to be induced when i lost my first baby, and even though giving birth to a 17wk gestation baby is nothing compared to giving birth to a full term baby, the 6 hours i was in labor were pure hell.
    This might sound crazy, but i actually liked the experience i had with the c-section better than the induction.
    Its been a month and im feeling great. But there's nothing better than going into labor on your own.
  • I'd say no to an induction too. Especially at only 39 weeks. Your almost there being at a 4 already.
  • They want to induce because they consider me high risk because of hypothyroidism (I know technically its not) and because my baby has enlarged kidneys so when he is born he needs to be immediately checked by pediatrics. So no matter what they wont let me go past my due date, she said that in these cases they usually induce at 39 and not 40.
  • edited June 2013
    Omggg friend your almost there!!! How exciting, baby Zori will soon be a big brother! I think for sure you'll go into labor before next Thurs. Keep me updated:) Don't tell me your still working?
  • edited June 2013
    Oooh ok. Well in that case, i hope he comes very soon!
  • It sounds like he'll be here any day :)
  • @juliansmommy I hope so! Yes unfortunately if he doesn't come tomorrow I will be going back to work till Wed :( before I left yesterday I told my coworkers "I mean this in the nicest way but I hope not to see you guys after today" and they're gonna see me walking into work dragging my feet on Monday lol

@sands3 @mommylovessparkle thanks ladies, I hope so too!
  • Are you doing squats, using a birthing ball & walking? Also sex is supposed to help! Lol
  • @wilsomom squating while cleaning and the sex I've done lol but I will get on my treadmill for sure today! :)
  • Being induce sucks girl, I hope ur son comes on his own. Good luck :)
  • Good luck this week!
  • Any luck yet?