appointment

Got my prenatal appointment set up for wednesday at 2:30! Should get to hear my babys heartbeat. So excited. I don't think ill have an ultrasound though :( wish I could have one though.

Comments

• How far are you? They should do an ultrasound to help determine your due date. Although with my third baby I didn't get an ultrasound until 12 weeks because I missed my first appointment. I'm 9 weeks and they did an ultrasound already.
  • edited June 2013
    I went to my first appt today and I had an ultrasound. I'm 8wks 5days:) hopefully you get one too.
  • @fate I'm 11weeks 6days. The receptionist said I'm not scheduled for one so I will ask the dr I wanna see my baby too! With my son I was kate seeing dr and I didn't get an ultrasound till 18 weeks for gender.

@juliansmommy lucky :) lol
  • I hope you do! That's when it really hits me that I'm growing a baby. ;) To see him/her wiggling around in there!
  • @fate ill let you know if I do! I'm really hoping so. :)
  • I'm soooo nervous!
  • @ PaulJrsMommy how did it go mama??
  • @newflmom2b good! Hesrt rate was 163. No ultrasound till 19 weeks.
  • Glad it went well, bummer about the ultrasound. Hope it will go by quickly so you can see your little one! :)
  • @jessibear 7 weeks and ill have the gender u/s :) I can wait. I didn't have one with my son till the same time
  • I wonder why they won't give you an ultrasound until 19 weeks?? That's not right, they need to check your measurements and heartbeat thing. Everyone I know has had an ultrasound early on to make sure everything is okay inside.
  • @mommylovessparkle I didn't have one with jr till then either. So it doesn't suprise me much. She said they'd do an ultrasound if they couldn't find the heartbeat but she did almost right away. I'm okay with that. Hearing it makes me happy too. :)
  • I never had one until 20 weeks. If your cycle is regular them they usually do not need one to check dates and they can do heartbeat at 10 ish weeks with the Doppler
  • Yeah i think it depends on the doctor. When i got pregnant the first time, i only had an ultrasound at 15wks and that was only because i had been to the er with abdominal pain so the doctor decided to check me. Then with my second pregnancy, i had a new doctor and her routine for the first appointment was pap, ultrasound and bloodwork
  • edited June 2013
    Oh okay. That's just so strange to me. I guess it really depends on the doctor or condition.