Getting your tubes tied

I don't know if anyone's experience has been like mine. But I would rather have babies all day long and ever have my tubes tied again. I am so glad that it's a procedure they only do once. I am in so much pain and discomfort it is just awful.

Comments

• Well I am now officially scared! Thanks! Lol I'm planning on getting mine tied but am super scared.
  • I'm officially scared now too...lol I was planning on getting my tubes tied when I have my baby since I'm having a csection.
  • Yes thanks heather! We are all scared! Now I am having my hubby get it done. Lol
  • Oh no I'm sorry never getting mine done my hubby volunteered to get "fixed" lol he said that's least he can do since I have to deal with periods labor child birth and breastfeeding which can be painful at times. So I'm gonna hold him to it when we're ready to be done.
  • Ok I'm scared now! Oh wait I was already scared :-ss this its my 4th I was planing on getting my tubes tied!
  • edited June 2013
    I am ok, it just hurts really bad. I didn't mean to scare anyone :( Now I feel horrible!
  • I didn't have a lot of pain after surgery but every cycle after the tubal it felt like my uterus was flipping inside out and shredding itself. Never had any problem with painful or really crampy cycles before having it done.
  • edited June 2013
    @2girls_2boys @jules @mommyof1g1b @JuliansMommy @monkey_girl

So to clarify I have never ripped or tore or had any pain problems after birth. So there for never ever taken any pain meds after birth. Hell about 6-8 hours after birth all of my kids were born I was barley spotting. Within 10-12 hours after birth I am done bleeding. I am also not a lay in bed kind of person. So now that I am in enough pain to be asking about meds and need to stay in bed and rest as much as I can is a big deal to me. I can get up and very much move around and do things on my own, I'm just slow and sore.
  • Yeah that doesn't help my hopes lol I have 3 kids under 6 and about to have a newborn in 88days I need to be able to move around and I don't see laying down and resting in my near future.... I will also point to the fact that everyone its different and heals different ..

Im sorry that you are in pain I hope it gets better soon >:D<
  • I got my tubes tied over 1 1/2 yrs ago and never had any pain or issues. I did however have it done at the time of my c section so i was already cut open.
  • Lol u sound like me I didn't know they even had pain meds after birth but I didn't tear like u and bleeping didn't last long either. And the other day had bad back pain couldn't move almost took something. High pain tolerance is nice ha :) but then when u hurt it really hurts. I hope the pain goes away soon for you and it's nothing serious either hopefully it's just part of the surgery. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Oh my goodness! How was your procedure done? Some doctors recommend you do it 6 weeks after you give birth.

My husband said he will get snipped. :)
  • They went in under my belly button. She wanted to do it 8-12 hours after birth, however there was no room in the or, the did it 22 hours after birth.
  • Take gas x...its the gas they used to do the procedure tht causes pain n discomfort. ..@Heather3girls1boy hope tht helps
  • @preggomommyof4 Really lol. I hope its that simple cause :)
  • I wanted to get mine tied but I heard here in michigan you have to be 25 or 3 kids. This will be my second and ill be having another c section. How long did the process take?
  • @PaulJrsMommy i believe that is the rule inm Michigan. I wasnt sure so i was asking my doc. He said he wouldnt do mine even with a consent from hubby. I was 25 having my third. He said normally its three kids at 25, but wanted me to wait. Granted im not and wont be getting mine tied, thats the info he gave me...

Where in MI are you from??
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That was sort of my reaction. I know in michigan if a man is married he does have to have the wifes consent. (I think) but he doesnt have a set number of kids, he could have none and still get the procdure. @homebirthadvocatr
  • edited July 2013
    The rule in North Carolina is 25 and one child of each gender. I am 29 and this is child number 4 for me. I agree that they are your tubes you should be able to tie them if you want to.
  • Not true @Heather3girls1boy I'm 22 with 2 girls and had mine done in NC
  • @homebirthadvocate I agree more crazy is that? I mean there are people out there who don't want children even married once that leaves them having to take birth control which hopefully worksor no sex which isn't the best in a marriage is part of showing each other how much you love one another. Plus like you said your body doesn't really effect anyone else. Just sad how much control there is over us in what's supposed to be free nation. Hopefully they can change that law soon.
  • I was 29 with 2 boys when i got my tubes tied in NC
  • @coltensmamma crap. :( birth control makes me crazy and I won't get the ones that they put in or on your uterus. I live in lansing. What about you?
  • @homebirthadvocate I agree completely. Ill have to ask my dr about it next time. :( its ridiculous.
  • Hmm I was told at 23 with 2 girls and married that I could not get my tubes tied. That I need to be 25, married and have one child of each gender.
  • Might have been that particular hospitals policy but not all of NC
  • Minx1018 is probably right. I was at a naval hospital.