Diapers??? Help!

edited June 2013 in Babies
My one month old uses Huggies size 1 and he's starting to leak. Im not sure if its time to move up a size or if i should try another brand.
I already had to switch him from Pampers because no matter what size i used he always leaked. When i started using Huggies he was doing just fine, but now its been 2 or 3 days that he's been leaking.

Any recommendations on what i should do or what diapers i should try?

Comments

• I love target brand (Up & Ups) they work great and are pretty cheap
  • edited June 2013
    What huggies are you using?
  • Did you try pampers cruisers?
  • @chelcie89 i've been wanting to try them but he was doing so good with huggies and i bought a big box so i figured i would just stick to those. Im really gonna try them now

@morgdeebee the little snugglers(sp?)
  • Target brand was good but then they changed it here, if the pattern is stars the they're amazing! If its circles they aren't as good, we like luvs, they're cheap and hold a ton!
  • @kimberly4411 i need to check whenever i go to target again. My cousin's daughter uses luvs and its working out good for her. I might try those too.
  • edited June 2013
    Do they have huggies plus in a size 1? They work great! My daughter used to leak at night but not anymore. Another question, how do his current diapers fit on him? Huggies plus are awesome by the way.
  • We use pampers baby dry, we noticed she was leaking out of the snugglers, so once we changed, she's been fine since. We liked luvs too, but the bigger the size the less diapers you get..I didn't wanna have to buy diapers every week.
  • @monkey_girl they fit him real good. They're not tight but they're not loose. They fit just right.
  • edited June 2013
    It definitely the diaper then. My daughter was on snugglers from Costco and would leak. Recently Costco changed it to huggies plus and they can hold a lot!
  • @trixiesmom8 see that's the thing, he wasn't leaking out of the huggies until about 3 days ago. And it sucks because about a week and a half ago i bought a box of like 180 diapers!
  • That does suck! My lo was in newborn diapers forever, so we bought the small package just in case, cause everyone told us she wouldn't be in them very long lol. Could it be the way his boy parts are facing in the diaper? I've heard that makes a difference. I have a girl so idk how that works.
  • The snugglers leak for me to try the snug an dry or little movers
  • @mrz_jackson do they make snug and dry in size 1? I know they don't have little movers in that size.
  • @trixiesmom8 that's what i was thinking too.
  • My son leaks with luvs overnight so i put him in target at bedtime. After these last luvs i have are gone i am switching to target full time. It seems like he wets so much it spills over the top or the front of the legs and i always make sure his penis is pointed down as best i can get it when i change him.
  • You probably need the next size up. Once they start leaking, then it usually means the next size up would be more absorbent.
  • It could be diaper, but I would just move up. Both mine went to 2's after about a month. When I wanted to use them up I would change them like crazy to try to prevent leaking until I got a bigger size.
  • We use Target for our little one and we love them, they have not leaked once.
  • I always move up to the next size once they start leaking. Also make sure his boy parts are pointing down & that the front of the diaper is up pretty high rather than down low.
  • I use target brand and they are awesome and cheap!
  • @star4221 @mijita @kitshay @excitedforoctober @wilsomom @lilliansmom thank you ladies! I got a big box of huggies snug and dry size 2 as a gift for my babyshower, i might just open it up and try one on and see how that works.

Is this diaper too low?
    http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y401/ncanales14/20130628_164551_zpsd74d2339.jpg
  • edited June 2013
    Yea they do in the snug an dry my cuzins lil brother wears them
  • The diaper on him looks fine
  • @mrz_Jackson i went to the store earlier and i saw them. Im gonna buy a small pack and try them.
    The diaper he's wearing is the one he leaks out of. Im starting to think its not the size, but the way his boy parts are. I might need to push it down before i close the diaper.
  • O yea deff push it down .
  • It looks high enough, the boy parts will stay down on its own eventually, but when they're newborn it tends to point up lol :)
  • @mrz_jackson @wilsomom im gonna do that and see how it works before i try any other diapers.
  • Are you putting his penis down? With my son I .ever knew to do that till my cousin told me. My son was leaking out of every diaper so I did that and worked and if he started leaking again usally means he needed the next size up