im having a baby today! UPDATE isabella grace morales is here!

edited July 2013 in Giving birth
Had a scheduled c section for 9am tomorrow. Woke up about 5 am today with horrible contractions and was only 2-3 centimeters. They've made me walk alot, gave me a shot in my butt for the excruciating pain and now im a 4! About to be admitted and they are going to break my water and give me my epidural. Wish me luck for a successful VBAC :)

Comments

• Good luck!!! You can do it!! :) %%-
  • Good Luck! Keep us updated on your VBAC.
  • Good luck !
  • So they just broke my water and there was light brown so there's meconium. I asked if that meant I should have a csection and they said not unless there is distress. I asked if that meant she would need to be taken to nicu right away and they said not necessarily so there's still a chance I will have her on my chest after they suction her. Im a little worried about the meconium I know that it can cause infection in the lungs. My son was in the nicu for 10 days when he was born and it was so horrible. I dont want that again.
  • Good luck! I also went into labor hours before my scheduled induction, I was so happy!
  • EPIDURALS ARE AMAAAAAAZZING!!!!!!!!
  • Yes epiderals are amazing lol !!!
  • It's making me really itchy though. I get like that when I things like vicodin, percocet, and liquid codeine. They just gave me some benydryl through my i.v. I can't believe this is finally happening! Im soooo freakin excited!
  • That's amazing you went on your own the day before the c section! Good luck! :)
  • Update - im 14 and a half hours into labor (I started counting when my contractions were officially regular and painful) im now 6cm, I've been started on a very low dose of pitocin. My contractions are quit strong (according to the monitor cuz I dont feel them) and they're every other minute :) im starting to feel pressure accompanied with the contractions but not pain. hallelujah. Im so hungry though I haven't eaten since dinner last night and its causing a headache so they're getting ready to switch out my i.v. fluid with sugar water. I've been sneaking a Ritz cracker or two from my purse every so often my boyfriend says to stop that ill regret it it will make the baby poop again but can a couple if crackers over a span of hours really harm us? Does anybody know why exactly they say no food? I figures it was just because they dont want me to throw up when im pushing so hard but I assure that won't happen. Now im curious about the pooping again before she's born
  • The pitocin would cause more risk for baby distress related bowel movement than eating. I believe the no eating rule is a western medicine precaution in case surgery is required. I honestly don't think a few crackers will cause any harm, in fact I think it would be beneficial for strength required during labor; although, I'll leave that fact to the professionals who deal with childbirth regularly.
  • Ok so its now almost 17 hours into labor and im 8 centimeters, 90% effaced, and -1 station. Almost there!!
  • Wahooooo nearly there! Good luck Hun xx
  • She's here! Born at 12:58 am
    7lbs 3.7 oz 20 inches long she's gorgeous :) 3 min after telling me im 8 centimeters and turning me to the other side I felt insane pressure like I had to boo-boo. They looked and there was the top of her head. I sat like that for about 20 min to 'labor her down' and then pushed for 11 minutes. No pain at all just some one and two degree tearing. She latched on like a champ! Now im ready to eat im sooo freakin hungry lol. So there's my simple labor story. Im so glad I stuck through it because honestly this morning I said id rather just have another c section because the contractions were so painful and an epidural seemed so far away. But my nurse was so supportive and bless her for getting me that epi a half centimeter early :P
  • Congratulations! Love your story! I can only pray mines goes as smoothly as yours. ;)
  • Yay!! Congratulations!!! :D
  • edited July 2013
    Thank you everyone :) im so in love and I cannot wait till my sister brings my son to meet his new sibling!
  • That's such an awesome birth story! I'm so happy for you! :)
  • Congrats! Hope your healing well :)
  • That's awesome! Congrats to the new bundle of joy.
  • Congrats! That's the name I picked out if I had a girl.
  • Congratulations
  • Aww I'm so happy you had a successful vbac! Congratulations! :)
  • Thank you!! :D we go home in the morning im super excited