Swelling

Why are my feet so swollen?? I am 5 days post partum and for the last 2 days the swelling has gotten worse. I didn't even swell while I was pregnant! Keeping them elevated is not really an option with having a 20mo old to look after.

Comments

• My feet were like that too. My doctor said it was all the water i retained during my pregnancy. They went back to normal about a week and a half later. It sucks, i know. I was literally in pain when i walked.
  • @perly yeah they hurt like I've walked all day or something, hope it goes away soon.
  • I got it from te IV fluids. Takes some time. I had it so bad with my second they gave me Lasix.
  • @luvmy5 I thought that's what it was for my first pregnancy but this one I only labored and had an iv for about 2 hours.
  • Whenever I swell really bad I eat a bunch of cold watermelon before bed, really helps!
  • It could also be since when you're pregnant your blood volume increases drastically and fluid retention things are leveling out. Give it a week or two and if it isn't better by then talk to your doctor.
  • @scarlettsmama I'm gonna try that! That's an awesome remedy lol

@luvmy5 I woke up with them not as swollen today, thank God! :)