Bleeding - Update at bottom

edited July 2013 in Pregnant
After intercourse this morning I started bleeding. It wasnt just spotting either. I was hoping it was just from the sex, but later I went to bathroom and had blood in my underwear and passed a clot.
I called my drs office and they said I can either go to the ER or call tomorrow morning and make an appointment.
We have decided we dont want to sit around and wait so we are headed to the ER.

Comments

• My fingers are crossed it was just from the sex!
  • I hope everything's ok!
  • That's scary!! Please keep us updated! Hopefully you just irrated it
  • Thank you @star4221 @wilsomom @kimberly4411. I just had a pelvic exam and the dr said I have a moderate amount of bleeding. She is ordering an ultrasound but since it's the weekend I have to wait for the on-call tech to come in.
    Right now, it doesnt sound like it's looking good.
  • =(( I'm sorry
  • The baby still has a heart beat and was moving. I'm waiting for the radiologist to read and give the official report. I dont know what the heart beat is, if my cervix is closed or what is going on. I think I saw the rate was 137, but not sure.
  • Oh no, I hope it's something that can heal itself & your baby will be fine. Praying for you!
  • Ultrasound shows I have a subchorinic bleed, which I think is just a bleed in the uterus. It is away from the baby, and the baby is doing great. It is a small bleed so they arent concerned. I already had an appt scheduled for Tuesday that they want me to keep.
  • Oh, im glad your baby is ok. Im sure that was so scary.
  • That's good news! Many women go on to have healthy babies with that. Just take it easy, no lifting & pelvic rest. (I think)
  • That probably didn't sound right, I meant that's good news that the baby's ok, but bad news about the bleed.
  • So glad to hear that the baby is doing well! Take it easy and i will continue to hope all continues to go well.
  • Happy to hear the baby's ok.
  • edited July 2013
    @angel26 @wilsomom @star4221 @2ndtimearound, thank you. I am on pelvic rest and cant lift anything heavier than 10 lbs. Glad baby is ok but sad I cant pick up my daughter.
  • So glad everything is ok!
  • Glad baby and you are ok!
  • I also had one of those with this pregnancy. So glad it is that and baby is healthy
  • Thank you @mommyof1g1b. Do you know how big your bleed was? How long did it take to go away?
  • I am not sure what the exact measurement was. My bleeding lasted on and off for two weeks. Do not be surprised if you stop bleeding have intercourse and the bleeding comes back.
  • I had an ultrasound today and they didnt find it.
    No sex for 2 weeks. I am afraid of this happening again with sex becaue Im sure I will be just as scared.