constipation and cramping TMI?

First thing let me say I have a prenatal appointment tomorrow afternoon.

I have been have constipation and I have bowel movements but its not regular like I always have been. I randomly get bad cramping in my lower belly and I know I'm constipated. I have to stop what I'm doing and sit down till it goes away. I have NO bleeding at all. Is this normal to feel during constipation and pregnancy? Can these cramps hurt the baby? Should I be worried?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I have the same thing, it comes and goes though. Been dealing with it for a few weeks, I'm only a couple weeks behind you I think. Might bring it up to your doctor for peace of mind.
  • I've been constipated since having my daughter 2 years ago! It's worse now that I'm 17 weeks pregnant, I'm buying fiber cereal in the morning in hopes that it will help
  • @jessibear I will ill let you know what she says.

@kimberly4411that's a good idea. Or maybe fiber one bars?
  • Fiber one bars help! Make sure you are drinking plenty of water also!
  • @jessibear thanks. :) I drink a lot of watee but upping it more won't hurt Lol. Just pee more.
  • Are you on iron pills? Bc those will make pregnancy constipation worse. Up your iron and water. And ask your Dr about adding Miralax to your diet. I used it and it worked wonders. It's flavorless, so I would add it to my coffee in the morning!
  • Its so weird. When i was pregnant everyone around me would ask if i was constipated and i wasn't. Then when i had my baby the doctor warned me that my pain meds could cause constipation, instead i got diarrhea (tmi sorry). Now, a few days away from 2 months pp i find myself constipated :-<
  • @ashley_smashley I will thanks :) not on iron pills either.

@perly oh no :( I hate being constipated. Its unusual for me because I had my gallbladder removed aftee I had my son and my bowels were regular and then some. Like if I ate greasy foods itd go right through me. I'd rather it do that than be constipated lol.