edited May 2015 in Parenting

Comments

• Most start kindergarten around 5 all depends on when their birthdays fall but u can contact the school that ur intrested to get more details on what exactly their requirements are.
  • In Texas you can register them into Pre-K at 4yrs old, but its not mandatory. Since Pre-K is not mandatory, some schools only offer half a day for 4yr olds.
  • edited July 2013
    It depends on your state. In Ohio they don't have to start until 6, but can start at 5.
  • In ky its not mandatory till 6. My son jus turned 5 an he's gonna start kindergarten but they sed I could pull him out if I felt he wasn't ready so that made me feel better about sending him
  • 5 for kindergarten but they can go to pre-k as early as 3.
  • Kindergarten isn't even a required class here. I started my oldest at 6 and my 5 year old starts this year.
  • They can start preschool as early as 3 and began kindergarten at 5 here in NV. But I'm heard that some schools aren't even requiring kindergarten anymore! Which is crazy! Longest they know the basics..Abcs. Counting. Writing. Some reading and knowing sight words.
  • My daughter started school at 3 (headstart )and she went a full day then when she left headstart she went to pre k and went a full day now she is 5 about to 6 on Christmas she will be going to kindergarten
  • @i_believe i went to headstart lol! But i think it was very beneficial because i was ahead of my class when i actually started school.
  • In Washington you have to turn 5 by August 31st to enter kindergaeten. You can be tested to enter kindergarten if you birthday is after August 31, but before vSeptember 30th. I was trying to get my daughter in kindergarten this fall but she turns 5 on October 8th and they refused to test her.
  • @perly yeah it helped my baby alot she was already smart but her going there put her ahead of everyone in pre k
  • My daughter will be starting at 3, but that's because of early intervention. When a child turns 3, they transfer them to the care of the public schools.