in so much pain all of the sudden.

edited July 2013 in Health
I woke up around 3 something am cuz my daughter has been cranky. I went pee like i usually do and went back to bed. But i started getting this very sharp pain in my lower abdoman. I dont know what this is, it hurts so bad. My apendix is on the right side but this isnt just my right side. Its low enough but goes to the left some. I suck at knowing any anatomy so i dont know whats actually there that can hurt sooooo bad. Im thinking if it still hurts in like an hour or 2 im going to go to er.

Comments

• Hope all is well. Did the pain go away?
  • I have ovarian cysts, the pain is like you're describing. I have one on my right ovary that is being monitored because its the size of a golf ball and keeps growing and I'm pregnant. Cysts are pretty normal, and are part of a normal menstrual cycle. Some people don't ever get symptoms, some people do. It can be very painful but otherwise harmless in most cases. Hope you're feeling better. <3
  • Oh no hopefully the pain went away.
  • I, like @fate had an ovarian cyst too and it was painful. Mine was the size of a softball and it was growing while i was pregnant too. I ended up having surgery to remove it, then i lost the pregnancy 4 days later
  • I wonder if i have those. The pain did ease. If i wait to long to pee ive noticed it hurts a lot after i go. Does that mean im pregnant lol. Im not on a period.
  • Did you go get checked to see whats going on?
  • It could be a UTI. My cyst hurted after i ate. No, it doesn't mean you're pregnant.
  • No i didnt go in the pain went away before i went to work.
  • I have no idea it could be all soart of things. Hope it goes away all together soon!
  • edited July 2013
    Mine only hurts every few weeks. Or if I press directly on it. It doesn't mean you're pregnant, but most likely it's a functional cyst. Usually they rupture and release progesterone to make the lining of your uterus thicker to help support an egg that might be on it's way to implant. Sometimes they forget to rupture and just hang out until they eventually burst. Like I said, normal part of your menstrual cycle. Some women get symptoms (pain), some women never notice. This could be why some women have painful ovulations. They can take 1-3 months to go away. I would get them a lot when I had Mirena IUD. Once that was removed, I didn't have any until now. My mom had massive amounts of them and they were removed every time she had a c section (6). She doesn't have any now except normally during her cycle. Make an appointment and have an ultrasound to ease your mind. :)