drinking with kids at home?

Myself and two friends were planning a girl's night for tomorrow night with a little drinking involved. I asked my boyfriend if he could watch our kids for an hour or so beforehand so I can go try my first margerita. That's when it downhill. Now he doesn't want me to spend time with my friends and says he won't be here tomorrow at all. I've gone out ONCE (to a concert) since my kids were born and with relationship problems as it is, it's been starting to overwhelm me. I could use a drink and some girl time! Is it wrong or even illegal to drink after my kids go to bed if I'm the only parent present? Keep in mind I would never get completely black out drunk..never have. I can only tolerate so much. Just enough to feel it but not enough to lose the ability to assist my kids if need be.

Comments

• Well if it were me I would just let ur friends drink as they please but keep in mind they do have to drive..and just poor urself half glass of wine and sip on it throughout the evening. I mean u will have fun and enjoy ur friends company no matter what. I mean what if theres an emergency and u have to drive the kids plus u do have to be up withthem in the morning that is if they sleep through the night. Im just saying what I would do in your shoes but I'm not big drinker with having kids close together and breastfeeding I don't missit at all kinda don't see the point of it for myself anymore. But I know some really enjoy their favorite every once in awhile which there nothing wrong with that. Hope ur bf comes around :)
  • I have a drink all the time when the kids are home. Usually pour myself a glass of wine while getting dinner together. Or have a beer while watching a movie
  • I've done it several times. I think as long as you do it responsibly it's fine. And your bf is being an ass!
  • I'd do it :) as long as your not getting majorly drunk. A little buzz is just fine :)
  • Nothing wrong with having girl time and having a couple drinks. My husband doesn't mind watching the kids. Even now that I'm pregnant I go out to dinner to catch up with some friends and he watches the baby. You're BF should definitely chill out and help you out.
  • I drink, not excessively, every weekend.
  • There's no problem with you drinking while the kids are around. Just have some snacks so you can eat while drinking so that your friends don't get drunk. That's what i do when i want to have several drinks but i don't want to get drunk.
  • @everyone He came around and will be home for the babies (: so girl's night is back on! Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure about it since I don't even really drink, even since I've been 21. But I'm moving next month so it'll be nice be able to go out with my friends. (:
  • Yay glad he came through :)