potty training

edited August 2013 in Potty Training
Hi all it has been forever since I've post here. I've been more of a lurker. Xavier turned two in July and I'm starting to potty train. It was only been a couple days but I'm having little success. I'm using those thick cloth underwear so he can feel that he's wet and we go often. But it seem like no matter how often we go or how long we sit as soon as we get off is when he wets. Any tips that worked with your kids is appreciated.

Comments

• Hey. I am trying to potty train my daughter because she is always taking her diaper off and running around half naked. Plus she just goes pee on the floor. Its anoying. Lol. We take her in the bathroom and sit her on her potty but she will only sit there for a second. And no matter how many times i sither back on it she wont go. And she will go pee on the floor after i sit her on the potty. She wont be 2 until december.
  • @angel26 he'll sit we have came along way in the last couple of days at first he was screaming when we asked him to sit on the potty now he'll sit for awhile just waits instill he is off to go grr. This kid is killing me. I give him my tablet to use while he sits it keeps him occupied. He has a ton of apps that I downloaded maybe find her something to do while she sit so she doesn't want to get up right away.if you find something that works let me know.
  • Well my mom did the 3 day to potty training it's a book. From what she told me about it it's basically u sit them down every 30 minutes and if they go she would give us an m&m lol and praise us off we didn't then nothing obviously. It worked took my sister 2 days and my brother 3 and half days I guess boys are harder for some reason. And since u mentioned the apps to keep him occupied there are once that are made for potty training that are cute and play music and get really excited if they child goes maybe that will get him more excited. Worth try! Hope he gets hang of it soon I'm soo not looking forward to that will be starting end of September probably since our next is due in December and we don't want two in diapers....Hope you find something that works then let me know :)
  • @Jules thank I saw that book when I googled just didn't want pay $25.00 for it will try the 30 min and m&m and will definetly look into apps. Thanks for the suggestions I'll keep you updated.
  • Oh cool I'm glad they still have the book that's long time since my mom used it..I'll have to get the one from her I don't wanna pay that either lol
  • Try reading The potty boot camp book. It's only about thirty pages and was really helpful for us. There's even a Facebook page for this book.
  • @Jules I'm glad that I'm not the only one after I wrote and reread it I was boy to I sound cheap.lol @melinda326 I'll look for it I have a Facebook so I'll start there thanks.
  • No problem. I know you can buy the online version or the actual book. Hope you can get some success. ;-)
  • There's an Elmo DVD I have called potty time. It's pretty cute. I forgot it existed... Glad I remembered bc it's the perfect timing since I wna start my LO too since she also takes her diaper off consantly. Especially when he goes #2. Not cool!!! She will b 2 in October.
  • Good luck btw
  • No way I mean yes books are great and all but since u already have an idea of what's main point of the book then why buy it? And then having to feel like I have to read it after spending money on it when u could be putting that time into practice of potty training. I think it's being smart..I have baby and kid books but I either used gift card or they were shower gifts or something. I love books but all kids are different what works for one might not for another that be money out the door.
  • @adri805 thanks I'll see if I can find that also I'll keep you all updated.hope you all have luck potty training also