Anyone have advice?

edited August 2013 in Pregnant
I'm so lazy and have zero energy. Its even difficult to type this. This wasn't how is was with my first.. I'm literally on empty. I'm 14 weeks btw oh and I'm constantly hungry too. Its like I'm starving CONSTANTLY. Its so stressful! Help! Any advice to get me through the day?

Comments

• I'm sorry that's how I was this pregnancy. It has gotten slightly better, I'm 16 weeks. Hope you figure out something that helps. It sucks especially if you have other children :(
  • Im sorry I had that a little during this pregnancy and not with my first. So I just decided to try eat on schedule and healthy foods that will give energy like nuts as snack. And lots water.... then I started making myself go running every morning or on long walk with my daughter and stop at the park which she loves. Physical activity gets bad chemicals out and good endorphins flowing it gives me energy for rest of the day. I mean I was always active but when I felt like u do now I just got lazy for couple weeks then decided that was itiI'm gonna force myself to get back on my schedule. Also if u take nap they should be either 30 minutes or an hr and half ive read studies thats how u feel most rested! Works for me :)
  • Vitamins might help. :) When my iron is low, I feel exhausted as soon as I wake up.
  • Thanks girls.
    @Jessibear i hope we get energy soon! I agree its so hard running after my 21 month old :(

@jules I tried naps, i just wake up tired :( I don't think I'd have the energy to run if i tried. I just walked to the bathroom and got my heart beating really fast :(

@fate i take prenatals but I'm pretty sure my iron is low. That has to be the problem.
  • Not any advice but it will get better! I was the same way my first trimester and about a few weeks after the second one started I felt better, I used to be soooo tired that I went to bed at 7pm each night.
  • Well like I said get the nap app it will tell u how long you should sleep for. And u dont have to go running especially if u weren't runner before its not something to just start. But taking morning walk would be great. Well once again thats just what works for me.
  • @excitedforoctober that's good to hear. I really hope this goes away soon.

@jules thank you ill look into it
  • I think its your iron. Tell your doctor about it and see what he/she recommends. I felt the exact same way you do, and it went on for my whole pregnancy. I was taking prenatals that had iron and my doctor made me take an iron supplement along with my prenatal because my iron was really low.
  • @perly ill def tell her. I had to supplement with my last pregnancy too so i wondered why they didn't tell me to this time. I'm pretty sure that's my problem. Thank you :)
  • I take Prenatal One from Rainbow Light, they're made from kelp and you don't get the constipation like with the iron pills from the pharmacy. It's in the top ten for best prenatal vitamins too! I used to take Floridix liquid iron, but it started hurting my tummy. It worked really good though for a long time. With my first two babies I had to take a stool softener with the iron from my docs because of the constipation. Lol.
  • Yeah what @fate said. Iron can cause constipation. I never had any, but my doctor warned me about the same thing.
  • I'm in the same boat :( I'm going to start walking again. I seemed to have more energy then.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you @fate and @perly I'll check it out! :)

@PaulJrsmommy walking seems like so much work :/

• I know it does lol.