Facebook Problems

I was on FB, and all of a sudden it logged me out and I got an email saying that I needed to send in a picture of my driver's license in order to access my account again, because someone logged in and changed my password from my hometown (200 miles away). So I sent the photo, and I'm locked out until they get my email. I changed my password 3 months ago to something really difficult because of this. Has this happened to anyone?

Comments

• I would do that they shouldn't need ur drivers license if I were u I would just make new account. Just for safety reasons u never know its very easy to hack those things and some random person could either be trying steal ur identity or find out ur location its just better to be safe then sorry. But since u already sent the drivers information hopefully it was legitimate cause ive never hurt of that before.
  • @Jules It is standard identity verification through Facebook if you didn't list your phone number to get a code from them. If it weren't legit, I would have been able to sign back into my account before I got the email. Making a new Facebook would be annoying since I have about 800 photos on it. Lol. So I guess I will wait my 48 hours.
  • Well thats good to know like I said I just never heard of it but I'm I'm glad its all good! 48 hrs isnt too bad right?! :)
  • That's crazy, I've never heard of that..but still don't wanna put my phone # on fb. I change my password a few months.
  • You can put your phone number, and set it to where only you can see it. @nameless
  • @starlilly not sure if my # be in someones contacts when you sync your accounts together. I have lots of fb friends # that are set to private on their page
  • My standard password consists of two random words and a four digit number with two caps in it. I did that after someone hijacked my email.
  • @nameless @starlilly @candy101 I didn't put a number linked to my FB account verification. Instead I just use Code Generator to let other devices have access to my account like my computer, but whoever changed my password logged all of my devices off when they logged in. So I couldn't access Code Generator from my phone. It really irks me because my password was really long, had several numbers in it, and capital letters in odd places throughout. I even got the email saying that someone changed my password. Right in the middle of me using the dang site.
  • thats messed up sorry it happened to u sissy love you