I'm getting this effing mirena removed!

I've had this mirena in since Feb 11th. Two of my sisters have it and LOVE it. Well I HATE it. I have been spotting/bleeding/having discharge ever since I've had it put in, so basically I've had to wear a pad since my son was born at the end of December. I heard that it takes 3-6 months for the hormones to even out, so the spotting may be normal for that amount of time. Well no more! I'd rather have my heavy flow with bad cramps for 5-7 days and nothing the other three weeks of the month than to have a constant flow, however light it is, all the effing time! I have no idea what has been my period and what is just spotting because it never stops. I've had two four day non periods where all I had was discharge and no blood, but still needed to wear a bad.
Also - it's annoying enough to have all that going on constantly, but now it hurts MAJOR when having sex in any posotion (seriously. painful sex? DEAL BREAKER. it's GOTTA come out!) Not mention my husband says it feels like he's getting stabbed with a dull pencil every time he goes in. soooo... painful for both of us. Super poop. And it's not just during actual intercourse. It hurts me when I get sexually excited at all and it feels uncomfortable when I sit down.
And to top it all off, when the flow is a little heavier, it gets this lingering medicinal smell.
I have a dr appt on Monday and can't wait to get this sucker out! BOO MIRENA!

The end.

Comments

• I'm sorry I had my mirena taken out after 8 months. My periods actually stopped after shortly getting it. Buy mine hurt during sex also and my partner hated it as he said it poked him. I actually started getting lower stomach pain and that was enough for me. Some people love it, me personally I won't ever get it again.
  • @Jessibear I'm sorry yours was no good too. :-( I'm starting to get lower stomach pain as well when I sit or lay down. So had yours punctured your uterine wall? Did you have to have it surgically removed? Did you have an ultrasound before they took it out? I am freaking myself out about it being in my uterus and becoming infertile because of it. I psych myself out too much, so sorry about all the questions. neither one of my sisters had this issue, so I want to know other people's experiences.
  • I actually just got mine put in almost a month ago. No blood but have had more than normal for me discharge. I hope it goes away cause it can soak my underwear sometimes! To the point where I can feel it when it's coming out! Really awkward when I'm out in public!
  • Thats when mine would hurt and It always scared me cuz I could never feel the damn thing and was always afraid that it would move. Thankfully no it didn't puncture and was still in place during removal. The dr removed it very quickly with no problems and No ultrasound prior. I swear after that thing was out I started feeling better.
  • This is why I will never get it!! I hear these stories all the time. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you!