how many days late were you when you got your bfp? Update..

edited August 2013 in Pregnancy symptoms
So I was expecting my period 8/4. I tested 8/5 when I went to get birth control. It was negative but my doctor said if af didn't start by Friday, to go back and retest. Friday (8/9) I took an hpt instead and it was a solid negative. Still no af or feeling like it's going to start nor do I have any of the symptoms I started by now with my previous two pregnancies. Just curious how long it took some of you to get a positive or how long it took for a late af to show.

Comments

• I was 12 days late when I finally got a positive.
  • I usually wait 4-5 days and by then my test are pretty right on.
  • @fate did you get negatives up until then?

With my first I tested once a week late and it was an instant dark positive. With my second I was four days late and it was positive under a minute. So I feel the negatives are correct, I've just never had a period this late before. :/ Also, If I did get pregnant I would have ovulated late as I didn't have sex until 4 days after my expected ovulation. I'm going to test again in the morning.
  • i was 11 days late
  • 17 days late
  • Update: I took a test this morning and it was an extremely light positive. Had to be the right light to see it. Was any of your late test real light?
  • I was 2days late and had gotten a dark positive.
    :-)
  • edited August 2013
    Me! With this pregnancy it was so faint I had to use a flashlight to see it at 5 days late
  • Is there any chance you can get a blood test? Just to be on the safe side and go from there?
  • edited August 2013
    @perky that's my next step. Took a second hpt different brand and it was a bit darker.

Thanks everyone for answering.
  • Oh ok. Well i hope you get the answer you want :)