telling childs about death

My cousin that me and my kids were very close to passed yesterday morning my daughter was very close to her my daughter is 6 1/2 how can I tell her that she passed and is it to early ?

Comments

• It's never too early to teach kids about death. Death is unfortunately a natural part of life and besides you'll need to explain to your daughter some how that shell never see this person again. I don't know if your religious or not but maybe that could help ease the blow a little. I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • She understands old people dying my cousin was only 28
  • You could tell her that she had something wrong that the doctors couldn't fix. Never use the word like sick cause then she will freak anythime someone it's sick.
  • There is a great book called 'heaven is for real' for kids. If u beleive in God it will help. Lots of great illustrations. You can show her the pictures, read it to her and explain that your cousin is in a much better place.
  • Im just scared if she asks how because my cousin was healthy intelligent beautiful life of the room and we dont know how she died at all
  • Sorry for your family's loss. :(
  • WhenMy niece Passed Away We Told Her Youngest (He Was 2 At The Time) That She Was Up I'm heaven With Sassy (That Was Her Dog) Her Oldest We Just Told Him ThatShe had Passed Away AndIs With heavenly Father Now. It Was Really Hard To Do But We Could Not Hold It From Them.. I Am So Very Sorry About Your Loss
  • I'm sorry for your loss, I would tell her the truth as much as possible, that you're not sure why she died, but she's with God now in heaven or something like that.
  • Im a pregnant hormonal blubbering mess thank you ladies