question about foodstamps?

edited August 2013 in Pregnant
So we just got our card in today.When I activated it therewas was $35 on it. Is this how much I will get for a month or what? I'm greatful for it just curious so I can budget. I'm suppose to get more on the 19th.

Comments

• Usually you will recive a letter indicating the amount .... may be they gave you a partial portion for the first month .... I'll wait for the letter or for the next month deposit!
  • That's what I figured its a partial. I'm happy either way. :)
  • My first amount wasn't the real it was wayyyy higher that what I really got lol I applied and it took them 2 months to reply so they put me the 2 months backed up and another 1 months of the currently I was like whoaaaaaaaaaaa it was great I really needed it around that time !
  • It took about a month for my stuff to process. I'm super stoked any little bit will help.
  • Yeah that's what happened to me. They gave me benefits beginning the day i applied which was back in June. So the month of June was pro rated and then July and august i got the full amount.
  • They gave me the prorated protion when I got my card then the following month it goes to the amount you will receive each month. U will likely have more than $35 each month.
  • Thanks ladies.
  • Yeah they will let you know how much your supposed to get.
  • You can also go online just google dhs and where your from and set up an account and it should tell you also