my toddler randomly has been extra warm and runny nose..

edited August 2013 in Health
My 2 year old woke up this morning feeling really warm. I picked her up and she was burning. She was showing no other symptoms but a little irrability. She woke up from her nap and now how a runny nose and still feeling warm. I cant find my temputure reader so i dont know her fever level. Could this be her teeth or is she getting sick. Which would be weird cause its summer

Comments

• She could be getting sick...our family has had tons of colds this summer which is really weird and annoying. I think some people will say teething can cause a fever, but I'm pretty sure a fever is caused by viruses or bacteria so I'm not sure that I believe that. Anyways, I hope she feels better soon, being sick in the summer is a real bummer!!
  • My daughter gets fevers when she is teething... and has since she stayed teething. She will be 2 next month. She also sometimes has gotten a runny nose when she was getting top teeth. They have always been very low grade fevers though. Just keep an eye on it. Hope she feels better either way.
  • It's important that you get a thermometer and take her temp, it can get dangerously high and you wouldn't even know
  • Yes i have been searching for it all day! I have a feeling its somewhere deep in cai's toy box lol. Im thinking it might be teeth as well but she seems to be breathing out her mouth which makes me think shes coming down with something. Her daily activites arent affected so she cant be that sick..
  • I finally found the themometer!!! She has a mild fever of 100.94. I put her to bed with a cold cloth,she fusses at first but she secretly enjoys them on her back. Ill go and check on her when shes asleep and she would place it on herself. So independent. Anyways, i have a feeling ill be up in the middle of the night with her. What are some home tips to help keep it down if it gets higher? I have tempra, but i always feel bad giving her sleepy medicine.

Also could teething cause ear aches? What are the signs? She was tugging on her one ear, but that could be her gettinf tired.
  • It can, but watch her fever... could be an ear infection or the start of one. My daughter has only had a double ear infection and one other one.. But she screamed when I laid her down flat. That's how I knew. She does mess with her ears when she is teething too. In case you haven't noticed, my lil has had a very hard time with getting her teeth. Thankfully, we are on the last set of molars. If it gets higher.. a cool bath, Tylenol are helpful. And if you are concerned about her ear, get it checked out. :)
  • Yes thank you i will defitnely do just that. Shes rarely sick so i tend to panic when my baby isnt herself. Shes getting all 4 back teeth and 4 more in the front. Shes been handling it well for months now, i guess it was a moment of time till the rough patch kicks in. Cant wait for her to get them done with lol!
  • Well my daughter has 8 teeth coming in right now and 6 of them are on top so she did have little little runny nose for 3 days but that was all it went away. So I knew for sure its not cold of any kind. Just keep an eye on it do your best keep fever down. Hope your lo is better soon!