new genetic blood test

edited August 2013 in Pregnant
So I'm gonna be 11 weeks tomorrow, & today I took a blood test that is 99% accurate for down syndrome. I'm so relieved that I will not need to decide on amino or not. But the best part is I will know the sex by the end of next week, I'm so excited.

Comments

• Thats crazy but good! Does your insurance cover it? & also exciting about finding out the sex. I want this done with my next baby!
  • I had something similar done. Is the blood work called Jack or Jill @2ndtimearound?
  • I had a new test for downs as well. Nobody told me that they can tell the sex of the baby by the test. Can you remember the name of the test
  • @g&;esmama Yes my insurance covers it for women over 35 or women that did the California screening test with positive results. I have Kaiser.

@perly @hsweetie21 It's called Verifi, they have a website that explains it. If your insurance doesn't cover it then I think it cost $1000 or something like that.
  • Oh ok. I had a blood test called Jack or Jill. It was done along with the testing for Down Syndrome and other genetic disorders. I found out the gender of my baby at 12wks with this test :)
  • Ihad the same kind of test. it was called maternity 21. the place had a blood test that would be done in 2 sets of blood draws and would take a couple weeks to come up with the results. But the maternity 21 test is done in one blood draw and you find out in 1 week. I also was able to find out the gender at that time. I was about 12 weeks when I had all this done. it's pretty awesome. dshs insurance covered it
  • @honestlyHopeful When are you due? What are you having, girl or boy?
  • @2ndtimearound I'm due November 11th. having a boy! how about you?