Blood clot in uterus. SO WORRIED

edited August 2013 in Pregnant
I am 5 weeks pregnant and have been having alpt of cramps so my doctor wanted to do an ultrasound to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. There is a gestational sac in my uterus AND a blood clot that is bigger than that sac. I am so worried. they said its not a problem but I am afraid they just didn't want to freak me out. Has anyone had this?

Comments

• Im sorry, ive never heard of that. I hope you have a healthy pregnancy.
  • I had this but didn't no until I was 9 weeks and started bleeding I thought I miscarried buying went to the Dr and I could see the blood clot the baby was bouncing around right on top of it. My Dr told me it was common and some ladies will bleed it out and some of them they're bodies will absorb it. I bleed til I was about 14 weeks it was pretty scary but I have a big healthy 8 month old :). My Dr told me it's from when the egg attached to the uterus it could have moved a little causing a bleed.
  • Buying= but I
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ive never heard of it but from reading other replies looks like it should be ok. Ill keep u and ur baby in my thoughts and prayers.
  • edited August 2013
    I had either the same or similar, but mine was small. They called mine a bleed and not a clot. I found out at 9 weeks when I started bleeding. The dr told me the same - usually women will bleed it out or their body will absorb it (or combo of both). I was put on pelvic rest until 2 weeks after bleeding had stopped.
    I know it's scary, but try not to worry. Is your dr going to follow up with an ultrasound to observe it?
  • I'm getting an ultrasound next week. I'm scared t to even get excited about this baby because my bleed is bigger than the gestational sac. That's all that can be seen right now with me being only 5 wks
  • Mine was also bigger then the baby double the size of my little bean. I worried to I was scared every little cramp and every time I had to use the restroom. When I went back for my 20 week ultrasound the clot was gone.
  • Thank you! That puts my mind at ease
  • I had a bleed at the beginning of this pregnancy & my body absorbed it. I'm sure you'll be ok.
  • I haven't had any bleeding at all. I have read online and every post about it has had bleeding so I'm not sure if its a good or bad thing that I'm not cramping nor spotting like everyone else did
  • I misread your post @Wilsomom
    I'm glad everything turned out well for you. And its reassuring to hear that!
  • Yeah, I didn't have any actual bleeding, it just showed on the ultrasound. Try not to worry...easier said than done though.