Any dude dads on here

edited March 2011 in October 2011
This place has helped as a comparison to how the wife is feeling. But it would be good to hear some soon to be dad thoughts.

Comments

• Lol, umm all our thoughts are is to be cool.. Treat the girls like princesses.. Calm em down when they freak out..make em feel good.. And make her laugh alot..! And enjoy her eatin habits, Im loving orderin double quarter pounders for me and her, lol.. Nah jp.. But on a real note, the craziest thing is that the woman ur starting this family with will never be the same ever again.. She gets pregnant and the hormones kick it.. she starts changing and turns into someone youve never see. Before.. Then the baby is born, and shes a mother, and by nature knows exactly how to be one.. And that girl u knew 9 months before doesnt exsist anymore.. N thats always an eye opener, dads become number 2 in her life.. Never to be number 1 again cuz thats,babys spot.. And during the oregnancy its all about her.. Her body is makin all the changes for her but dad is playin catch up the entire time.. So my thoughts.. Accept the roll n let the heart grow, its normal to feel lost, comes with the position.. Youll catch up so long as keeo trying..:)
  • Sorry, I know I'm female but that was spoken like a pro. I'm going to show that to my boyfriend later. Thanks :) @XxzincxX
  • I know that the woman becomes a mother but it cant be as simple as a bait and switch. My dad warned me also of the mother being less interested in the father as a whole, and im not refering to sex. Is it a simple matter of the baby just being more important or is she just so different and the father no longer interesting to her? Is this a very common thing for the father to feel "lost"
  • Wow...it made me cry!! What a great guy...
  • @addrianna innit, didn't wanna admit but I cried too. Damn hormones
  • @rawsky out of curiosity, does your bf feel "lost"? I dont mean to be self centered but it is starting to sound like the father has no role and should look into getting a dog. Come on guys, youre depressing me. Where are some positive fathers
  • edited March 2011
    @Jaydeesox My bf told me I was pregnant, he told everyone else I'm pregnant, he has picked names, he has picked pram, cot and Moses basket. He has control over everything. He wakes up every morning and kisses my tummy before me, he knows what his doing and knows more than I do. However he has his moments of weakness. We all do. In reality we are all lost.
  • edited March 2011
    @Jaydeesox I dunno how you came to the conclusion my bf doesn't have a role. He has a dog too thanks. He has the biggest role of them all being a father and proving that he isn't like most stereotypical dads. He has the job of helping me throw these 9months which so far have been Hell for me. He most definately has the biggest role I feel, its easy to carry a baby for 9 months compared to everything he will have to help me do.
  • He sounds like my bf. At first I was unaccepting. It was surreal to me. But from day one even before my stomache started lookin like I swallowed a beachball, he would talk to her and kiss her. Hell when I come in from work or school he kisses his princess b4 I get mine. Its good to see more handson father in the world. Good luck to you and your new bundle of joy.
  • @firstmama he is a truely amazing guy and I love him so much, our baby is going to be blessed to have a father like him.
  • @rawksy I'm hppy tht we lucked out! Its awesome. he keeps talkin bout how he's going to get me back once the baby gets her. I put him thru so much lmao ( gas, midnight food runs, takin up 3/4 of da bed n I'm petite )
  • @firstmama Haha mine just tells me to take it easy all the time. I just keep reminding him I'm pregnant not disabled lol. We deffo have lucked out. Though he does take all the space in bed and snores in my ear :/ lol
  • Omg @rawksy. My fav line is I'm pregnant not invalid. My legs n arms still work idiot. Lol. N y do they do that? Everytime I get up to pee in the middle of the night he's snoring like snorlax from pokemon. N ofcourse he wants to be right in my ear, cuz he's holdin her.
  • @firstmama Pmsl!! Snorlax is his nickname ! Hahaha I know what you mean, its like if I go to get some thing his like what you doing, I'll do it for you. I'm like whaa? Like at night before bed he insists on running my bath incase its too hot and he has to stay with me incase I slip. I'm like GTFO I'm trying to bath. I need me time lol. It's sweet but a little to much.
  • @firstmama how far along are you?
  • edited March 2011
    24wks nd 2 days wit my first. And you @rawksy
  • Haha made me cry to. . . Greetings from a dude dad. . .
  • @firstmama only 6weeks 2days with my first x
  • @rawksy oh u got a long way to go. Good luck
  • Omg! That is the best thing I've heard from a guy. I'm showing to my husband. Love it!
  • @xxzincxx I hope its ok if I share that with my prego girls group
  • Thanks girls.. n im sorry im tryin to make.ya cry.. Lol, but I am glad u are gonna show what I had to say, n yea flyingmontobe u can.share it..! I hope.u do..!
  • @firstmama I know I got forever to go but been planning for baby for a couple months before.
    @XxzincxX truely wonderful, can't help that I cried I am emotional Hehe.
  • @rawksy yeah I understand lol
  • Where does the Bible say that?? It only says to put God first.