Previous D&C can cause miscarriage?

edited August 2013 in Pregnant
I'm currently 6 weeks 4 days pregnant with my third. After my second was born in January, I got an infection from leftover placenta and needed to have a D&C. Now just this morning I came across a few things saying it raises the risk of a miscarriage. Is it common? How much higher does the risk get? Has anyone had a successful pregnancy following a D&C? I'm nervous and have no symptoms to remind me I'm pregnant (but I didn't with my last two either) This is the first pregnancy I was immediately excited about and my first appointment isn't until Oct. 1st, so I'm a bit nervous.

Comments

• I think the risks are higher if you get pregnant within weeks of the d&c. Its been months since then, so even thought there's still a risk, i doubt they are high.
    It seems that this pregnancy hasn't been any different from your past two so you should be fine. Either way i'll give you a BUMP to see if anyone has any experience or useful info.
  • I think this is if you get pregnant right after a d&c.
  • I agree risks for right after or maybe if there was scaring. I don't know much so I could be VERY wrong I don't want to scare you I'm just theorizing.