Gender Reveal Party

My first will be 2 in October andy second is due in February. I was thinking about hosting my own gender reveal party. It is not meant to be a shower or about gifts, but just a fun way to celebrate this pregnancy. The guest list will just be close family. Probably grandparents, aunts/uncles, great-grandparents and a couple of the great-aunts/uncles.
What do you guys think?

Comments

• Bumpinh my own post :)
  • Sounds cool I would def do it
  • Thats a great idea!
  • I Want To Do ThatWhen I Get Prego With My 3rd
  • Ok, good. I was worried it would look like I was just throwing myself a party.
    Thanks @2lilblessings @pregoagainYAY @Angelmonkeymelody
  • I had one for this baby. It's such a fun way to celebrate the baby.
  • My friend had one at her house it was just her parents and her husbands parents and her siblings they got together did the revile had some dinner. I think it's fun. You can just say we want to have u over for dinner or lunch and will be doing gender revealing! :) it will be fun.
  • My sister did one and it was awesome! She did the cake reveal and even her and her boyfriend didn't know. It was SO exciting! Even all the guys were totally into it lol!
  • Sounds good, I'm having my second as well and we are having a name reveal party. Everyone already knows the gender. But it's like you described, close family and friends lots of food and a game to reveal baby's name!
  • Thanks @monkey_girl @jules @starrxoxo9, @PregnantELF.
    We are going this Saturday (I will 16 + 1 weeks) to find out gender but not telling anyone. We will wait to do reveal after 20 week scan. I'm thinking either getting a cute outfit for our daughter to open or doing favors for everyone and having everything be pink or blue.
  • edited August 2013
    You should find out with everyone else (so exciting). I went to the gender scan and told the ultrasound tech not to tell me anything. She wrote the gender and put it in a sealed envelope. I took it to my local baker. If the inside of the cake is blue its a boy and if its pink its a girl.

My friend did something different. Instead of the cake she had someone put blue or pink balloons in a big decorated cardboard box. They opened it in front of everyone and blue balloons flew up in the air. Soooo cute!
  • edited August 2013
    @monkey_girl, I thought about it, but I dont want to do a big reveal until we confirm @ 20 weeks. I am getting an elective gender ultrsound this weekend because I am so impatient.
  • Nothing wrong with celebrating a new baby! And the gender reveal theme sounds really fun!
  • I really want to do this as well. Will be my pregnancy reveal to my family as well :-D Keeping quiet on this one till around 20 weeks.
  • Sounds good.
  • I did this with my family, nothing big, I made cupcakes and in the inside of one it had blue frosting, you just have to be sure that it gets picked. Also, I put pink and blue cupcakes on top and had everyone pick which gender it was. Word from the wise, I put the blue middle frosting under a pink frosted cupcake to throw them off. Well my grandma got it and didn't understand why there were 2 colors lol then everyone thought twins lol oops
  • I wanted to do one so bad but I have a big mouth lol. They told me it was 80% a girl when I was 12 weeks and I just blurted it out on facebook. Im getting it confirmed on sept 4th tho :)