Taking a trip with our toddler

Our daughter is 22 months. A couple weeks ago we transitioned her from her crib to her toddler bed, and it has been working out great.
In a couple weeks we will be traveling to Michigan for a friend's wedding. We are staying in a 2 bedroom cabin wiht another couple. When we originally booked this we planned for our DD to stay in her pack-n-play, but now I'm not sure what to do. My husband said she could just sleep in our bed, which we do on occassion at home, but I'm afriad doing this for a Thursday, Friday and Saturday night will create a bad habit for once we're back at home. I'm not sure if she will sleep in her pack-n-play now that she has been sleeping in her toddler bed with a rail.
Has anyone traveled recently with their toddler who is out of the crib? What were the sleeping arrangements.

We will also be traveling to Colorado at the end of September so not sure what we will do then either.

Comments

• I will go spend a weekend at my grandmas in the country and she will spend the night in her pac and play in the same room as my husband and i. She does well with it except she did climb out once and into our bed. Its not like the pack and play is permnant, your little one might do just fine.
  • I think you should take your pack n play. It may not be a toddler bed, but it has the same concept of her sleeping by herself which is really what you want to keep. Sleeping with mommy and daddy is really comfortable and if you allow that for a few days she might want to do that at home.
  • Well if it were me picking one or the other I would bring the pack n play it will be worth try. And if it doesn't work one night then you can try letting her sleep with you then the pack n play again. Good job on making the transition by the way! I'm holding it off as long as possible lol my daughter is great sleeper I'm too scared and don't need to any time soon.
  • Your right about possibly creating a bad habit once you get home. I let my 2 year old sleep back in my bed a couple months ago while daddy was out of town and ever since he's been coming in my bed almost every night and I have to get up and put him back and every morning when daddy goes to work he jumps in his spot to go back to sleep. I let the morning one slide though. I would suggest looking on Craigslist for a portable toddler bed kinda like a little cot. They can fold up really small and it can make her feel like she still has her own bed. Bring her blanky and pillow from her bed to make her comfortable.
  • I'd take the pack and play, it's just easier. We just went on vacation and had my 22mo sleeping in his in the room we were in. You definitely don't want to backslide with her sleeping with you guys. My son would get up and shower with me when we were on vacation, which was fine, but now since we've been back he still wants to shower with me or my husband. It's super annoying lol.
  • Thanks for all the advice ladies. I think for Michigan we will take her pack n play and at least try putting her it. When we go to Colorado I am going to try to get 2 beds so we can put her in the second brd and baracade her in with pillows. I think flying with the pack n play will be difficult