just ordered my free breast pump covered by my insurance!

edited August 2013 in Third Trimester
I love this I was struggling trying to buy one this pump came from heaven and It will be here in less than 2 weeks .... meaning they let you ordered 30 days prior delivery! And they sent it right home for free !!!! Im so happy

Comments

• I'm doing the same! I have to wait until November 23 but have already talked with the medical supply place, my dr's appointment is Tuesday, he better be willing to write a script or I'm going to be finding another dr lol
  • You don't need the prescription if you do it online !

Edgepark.com they have medela ect!
    @Kimberly4411
  • Edge park contacts your dr for the rx, I finally found a local place and I'm getting the medela purely yours double electric. I'm super excited!!
  • It's the only thing Obama has done right lmao.
    I was getting so aggravated trying to ask local mom groups if they did it and how. Everyone said "I have one you can buy" or just rent one from wic. I was 1. Hubby pays a shit ton for insurance if I can get one for free to keep I will 2. I'd rather let people who actually need a breast pump but can't afford one use wic. Ugh, but I think I got it all figured out :)
  • My insurance won't cover mine until I reach my deductible then they still just follow what my regular coverage is which is 80 then I pay 20 percentage. And I haven't hit my deductible yet :(
  • @jules that stinks :/ our out of pocket is $5,000 once we reach that (as a family) them they'll cover 100% I'm glad this is a December baby because if he were to be born in January we'd be screwed!
  • My insurance wont cover them at all. Awesome! However - for anyone with a flex spending account, you can use the account to pay for them (or get reimbursed). If you have neither option, it is tax deductible.
  • @HopefulMom2Be that sucks have you call lately because mine didn't covered a few months ago I called different times and git it
  • @Kimberly4411 medela or ameda because you said purely yours and that's the name of the one im getting its ameda purely your!
  • O, duh lol ameda my bad
  • O well shoot, idk, I could've sworn she said amedela purely yours which I took as a medela lol the ameda purely yours is $300! She said bcbs will cover about $150 and I'd have to pay to upgrade but that the purely yours was covered 100%. Now I'm confused, guess I'll give them another call
  • Our policy run Jan through Dec. I called a month or so ago. The person I talked to didnt seem like he really understood. I called back and the answer was still no. This person said my husband needs to talk to his benefits office to see if they are planning on making changes to that for the 2014 policy. @2girls_2boys
  • @Kimberly4411 ya it sucks we are glad we're having December baby too! I have 2000 deductible but haven't reached it yet. :( I mean paying 20 percent would still be good to have new pump but I'm not really bummed out since I have the medela double electronic that I used with my daughter so I'm good but would have been nice get free one and have it on hand just in case ya know.
    @2girls_2boys ya soo weird.
  • @Kimberly4411 I'm getting the ameda not bad I really need it no plan b here lol im so grateful !
  • @HopefulMom2Be I hope they fixed by then and you get your free pump
  • Me too. But I have an FSA card so if not then at least it wont be direcrly out of pocket.
    My husband is in the electric union and the benefits arent the best so I doubt it changes.
  • I got a nice one through wic. I love it it's double pump
  • Medela electric double breast pump.
  • @stephforever89 you got the jackpot lol !
  • It was free. I didn't get until I was almost 6 weeks pp.
  • @stephforever89 I have then offering me one last pregnancy but I refuse it because I was scared the baby will prefer the bottle ...but I was get to much clogged ducts and painfully engorged so I end up buying a pump ....now this time im smart and getting anything the offer me lol
  • Our insurance wont cover it either unless its medically necessary like the baby is premature or has health issues.