Brazilian wax

Has anyone tried to do it yourself? I'm too chicken to go somewhere, plus it's really expensive. Just wondering if anyone's tried it at home & how it went.

Comments

• Brazilian wax its not recommended since you expose the pores and could lead to infections my gynecologist says that's a big no no!
  • I have but not while preg
  • Holy crap big ouchie.lol
  • My husband did a bikini wax for me, I couldn't imagine doing a Brazilian by myself or at home! My sister (who gets bikini not Brazilian) went to a pro until she was used to it, now she does it herself
  • Seriously it's so much better if you just suck it up and go pay to have it done. It's really hard to do a good job on yourself and it hurts more because you more than likely wont rip the strip off all at once. The cost can be l little pricy especially if you go to a good place, which I would because you don't want a cheap hole in the wall inexperienced person doing this, but honestly it's no different that going to the Dr and having them look at your lady parts. These people are professionals and believe me they have seen a lot of vag lol. I go once a month and get everything waxed and I love it. The hair grows back finer and sometimes not at all. I've also had laser hair removal on my armpits and bakini area and it was worth every penny to do it.
  • I tried to wax down there once. I only ripped off one strip and I said ok I'm done!! Haha. I had a Brazilian done once and it was awful. I was laughing hysterically because it hurt so bad and I didn't want to cry hahaha. It was just too painful for me. I still don't know how I had a natural birth! :P
  • Lol. Ever since i had that horrible wax experience in 7th grade, i literally do not wax at all. I shave everything(needed) from the neck down and on my face i thread my eyebrows and i use the Sally Hansen hair removal cream/lotion (whatever it is) for my upper lip.
    I have a friend that does Brazilian waxes on herself and honestly, she does a pretty good job. She went to beauty school, so they taught her how to do facial and a few body waxings so one day she decided to do a Brazilian on herself and she said the first few times were a mess but she kept going at it till she got it.
  • Going to a place to get it done is worth the money, and the 15 minutes of awkward silence. I would NEVER try to give myself a brazilian at home!
  • Oh my, I might be having second thoughts now lol. I'm sick of shaving & I don't do it often enough so I always have to deal with the bumps & razor burn. @frantasic Do you go to one place that does it all? And, if you don't me me asking, what all do you have waxed? What kind of price do you think I'd be looking at for a full body treatment like that? And is the brazilian safe while pg? I didn't think about that. Sorry for all the questions! :)
  • @Wilsomom I've been seeing the same esthetician since 06' originally just for facials because I have problem skin and just a few years ago for waxing. A good esthetician can get pricy but there are also waxing centers like European wax center, it's a large chain in Sac where I'm from, that do a great job for reasonable prices. I do head to toe because I'm a hairy Italian lol. This includes eyebrows, upper lip, arms, legs and what's left of my under arm and bikini areas (I had those lasered so there is hardly any hair left). I pay $125.00 for this but then I hardly have to shave at all for a month. It's safe to do during pregnancy, I did it all through my first and have done it all through this one. I've never heard anything about brazilians or waxing in general being unsafe or exposing pores or causing infection. I think if its done correctly by a licensed person you should be fine. I know you have a big family and you're on a budget but you should look into doing this because its something nice for you and you deserve it :)
  • edited August 2013
    Use conditioner when shaving. After that dry off and put dorederant(sp) where u shaved. . I swear by this.
  • @stephforever89 I'll def give that a try, thanks!
  • Your welcome. I actually had this complete stranger tell me this. Couple of years ago.
  • It helps sooth the shaving bumps. Oh I for for to mention apply twice a day or so.
  • @frantasic I was thinking the same thing, maybe that's something I can do for myself, because I def don't do much for me. Lol

@stephforever89 I'll def do that until I can save up some money to try a wax.
  • Just FYI @Wilsomom it does hurt and takes some getting used to but it's super worth it. I think it's less uncomfortable to have someone else do it because they can do it faster.
  • @Frantastic Yeah I'll be prepared! Lol
  • I have been getting it done for about a year now. Not myself lol. Its painful the first few times but after awhile it's super easy. I love it and so doe the husband ;)