Insomnia is kicking my butt

edited August 2013 in Pregnant
I'm pretty sure I did not have this problem with Madison, i slept all the time. Now I can't get to asleep or stay asleep! I'm only 24 weeks, I'm sure hoping this goes away, I'm turning into a grumpfish.
Yesterday I tried not taking my hour afternoon nap, didn't help, today I napped then worked harder cleaning the garage than I should have and yet I'm still awake!! I think I was asleep for a couple minutes but it didn't feel like it, just kept tossing and turning.
I'm currently drinking warm milk praying it helps (:|

Comments

• I had that problem with my third since 20 weeks and lasted to the end of my pregnancy!
  • Im glad to see I'm not alone I have been having issues with sleep for the last few weeks. Its killing me, to feel tired but can't just pass out lol if you find anything that works for you please share
  • @2girls_2boys no ma'm you are supposed to say, "I had that for a couple weeks, then it went away" lol the fact it lasted that long for you freaks me out!! 8-X
    @black_butterfly o there will definitely be some experimenting, 4 hours of sleep with a 2 yr old is not going to be fun today
  • Lol sorry but it did at the point I was going to bed at 5 am
  • My dr prescribed me vistaril. Also, benadryl works for some & unisom too. Maybe one of those could help you get back into a good sleeping pattern. I used the vistaril for a few weeks & now I don't have to anymore. Another thing that helps & is all natural is melatonin tablets. They knock me out right away!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.