2mo old has cough-help

My 22mo old has had a cold, with only sneezing, but of runny nose and cough and now my 2mo old caught it :( I shouldn't have read Google, now I am scared. Any body deal with such a young baby with a cough??

Comments

• *bit of runny nose

I am waiting for 8am so I can call his pedi, by the way.
  • I hope the boys feel better girl. Sorry that u have to see ur boys sick at the same time, must b hard.
  • I haven't had a baby with a cough that young, but you could try a cool mist humidifier. I would try a little baby vicks on the bottom of the feet as well. I hope they're all on the mend soon!
  • I have... I would have to keep him as upright as possible so he didn't choke. I also took him to the dr & he ended up having rsv. I won't lie, it was no fun. I'll pray he gets better quickly for you!
  • Get a cool mist humidifier and for now, keep it on at all times but even when they're not sick, you can turn it on at night to help keep their airways open.
    Hopefully his pedi will give you some answers.
  • The cool mist humidifier will help a lot I always use my daughter at night just keep sickness away. You should ask your doc if little honey maybe in the milk still be ok bc that will really sooth the throat. Hope they both feel better soon!
  • I also agree with the cool mist. You can get one at Walmart for about 20 bucks. Elevate him some while sleeping.
  • It went around bad last month at my house too. My two and three year old had it and my three month old caught it too. I used breathing treaments every three hours and it made a huge difference. We own a machine now because when my two year old was about thw same age as your lo she ended up getting pnemonia (sp) so after being hospitalized they sent us home with one. I know many doctors offices rent them out and a lot of hospital facilities do as well.It is so scary to have them sick at such a young age. With my daughter i took her to the doctors like 4 times in one week and it jusy kept getting worse. They told me aside from the breathint treatments there wasnt much they could do. They had me monitor her breathing, look at his ribs and how lo is breathing. If there is retractions at the bottom of the rib cage then you need to worry. If their belly is expanding and seems to be normal then there isnt much aside from humidifiers and stuff that you can do. I would take him to the docs and ask if he could benifit from a few breathing treaments. Praying for you! Nothing worse than a sick infant!
  • @coltensmamma thank you! What were the symptoms of the pneumonia? I will definitely monitor his breathing, I took him to the doctor and they didn't even check it!

Thank you for the well wishes and recomemdations everyone! I have both a cool mist and warm most vapirizer and I will use the cool one
  • If you see the skin under his ribs, or really anywhere on his chest area, sinking in when he breathes then you know he may have pneumonia or trouble breathing. Sometimes that area at the bottom of the neck will do it too. (like where you would ge a trecheotomy sp?) My lo did that with the rsv, but thankfully it didn't turn into pneumonia.
  • She was sleeping much more then normal, just very lethargic. She sound wheezy when you listened to her breathing. She was running a low grade fever. It was frustrating to keep taking her to the docs to have them tell me to just keep monitoring her. I switched docs after she was hospitalized. The main problem was her pulse-ox(which is the amount of oxygen in the blood) hers had to be at 98% before they would release her. It took four days in the hospital after starting at like 90%. Many offices have thw monitors in office. (I made sure my new office did) it is a simple thing. They strap a small monitor to their big toe and it is able to monitor that way. I knew when things had taken a turn though when her breathing pattern changed. Just be vigilant and if you arr concerned just keep having him checked. With just a few days of breathing treaments this time around, my three month old was cleared up aftere four days. If you need anything or have any questions let me know! Good luck!