Helpful tips for anything and everything. Share if you like.

edited August 2013 in Just for Fun
-The roll from a paper towel can be used in car to store grocery bags,napkins ,and anything you an stuff inside. You can use wrapping, or construction paper to decorate roll. Store in glove box. It can also be used to hold hair bows and such too. Especially while traveling.

-Shave with conditioner and apply deodorant after drying off will reduce irratation from shaving bumps.

Comments

• Love this idea for a thread! Im going to think of some! Lol
  • A pizza cutter is great for cutting up toddler food!
  • Coconut oil makes great eye make up remover.
  • Adding dry pudding mix to cake mix makes for a much more soft moist cake :)
  • Dry mascara or liquid eye liner? Add a couple drops of contact solution and swirl the brush around in the tube. Comes out like brand new and you can do it 3-4 times until the tube runs out.
  • Got a jumbo eye pencil and not a big enough eyeliner sharperner? Put the tube standing up in the microwave on 30 seconds. Take out with oven mitts (hot liquid be careful!*) and pour into a small jar with a lid. Let it harden by sitting in room temp for about a day or two or put in the fridge for 12 hrs.
  • Need a new lip color? Get a cute color eye shadow, one thats broken or used is fine too :) mix petroleum jelly (Vaseline) and the eye shadow in a small container and microwave on 30 second. Be careful its hot*! Let it sit for a hour and its ready to use.!

Want one that tastes good? Skip the eyeshadow and add kool-aid mix instead! (The color of the mix will be the color if the lip color)
  • edited August 2013
    I can go on and on with makeup tips. Lol.

Natural looking eye brows.. get a sample mascara wand (from sephora- its free they have it for you to test their mascara out with.) Do your eye brows like normal than brush the clean mascara brush over what you've done to make it have an illusion of real hair. Or you can just clean an old mascara wand :)
  • @mommylovessparkle I don't understand the eye pencil one lol. What do you do once it hardens? How do you apply it?
  • @starrxoxo9 I use eye shadow for eyeliner, I always sucked at he liquid and pencils lol there's a special brush to put it on with, I'm assuming once the other hardened it would be the same
  • Interesting.
  • edited September 2013
    @Mommylovessparkles sourcream does the same thing as pudding.
  • Coconut oil can be used in ur hair. Its good for ur hair and dryness. My friend recommendes it to me who is a hair stylist.
  • @starrxoxo9 lol sorry that would've been helpful lol you get an eye liner brush if you want to use it as eyeliner. If you want to use it as a base color for eyeshadow you get a eye shadow brush or use your fingers and blend. It only works well with jumbo eye pencils. I looovve nyx jumbo eye pencils. The color "milk" which is white makes your eye shadow pop and stay on longer :)
  • I don't have alot of make up tips. I can't afford to wear makeup. Haven't never really worn make up.
  • I dont have a lot of makeup tips either except using clear mascara on your eyebrows to keep them in the shape you want without those pesky flyaways..lol my only other cool tip is to freeze your breastmilk flat on a box in the freezer so you can easily stack and store it and maximize space in your freezer.. lol yep I'm a mom
  • @stephforever89 okay ill think of some other tips I know. Not makeup related.
  • Oh no your fine. I can still use them when I do wear make up. I know if you looking for Marilyn Monroe beauty mark melt the end of ur eyeliner. Let cool down for second and place where needed. @mommylovessparkles.
  • @ScarlettsMama Where have you found clear mascara? I used to do that all the time, but haven't been able to find clear in FOREVER! And trust me, my eyebrows could use the help. :-)
  • @stephforever89 oh okay :) yeah that trick works awesome with wearing eye liner too. I do it everyday and it cones out so dark and rich. :)

@musicmomma i know elf sells one :) its only $1. You can get it on www.elf.com or in target. Its double sided and im pretty sure its a two step wand. Its clear and works great and its especially for eye brows.
  • @musicmama I buy it at a local mexican fashion store, I dont even know what its called but they have all kinds of clothes and accessories and they blast reggaeton music Lol I think I'm the only white girl shoppin in there
  • edited September 2013
    Peanut butter buffs scratches out of DVDs CDs games. Just rub on with finger in circular (waxing)motion wipe off with a soft cloth(I use toilet paper) in outward motion.
  • Have a broken zipper on your favorite pants. No worries get a strip of Velcro plaace. Where zipper is at. Most Velcro has a sticky back.
  • Those toilet seat covers In public bathrooms can be used (just as well as the expensive tissues you'd buy at the store) to blot oil off your face so it isn't shiny.
  • @natashalynn I wonder if regular tissue paper would work then! Like just the plain white kind.
  • Lay a wooden spoon across a pot of boiling water and it won't boil over...
  • edited September 2013
    @starrxoxo9 it does but not as well. At least not for me. But still good, and a Shit ton cheaper, than those you can buy!
  • I learned a new cookingtip. When scrambling eggs be sure you constantly are stiring them. When they start to hardened up turn heat off and continue to cook for few min. They really make the perfect scrambled egg.
  • Just seen this one on Facebook.put a lock around the end of plug on any electronic. Saves from having to remove products from child's room.