Fifty Shades Movie - update at bottom

For those of us who have read these terribly written but pretty addictive books, what do you think about who they cast for Christian and Ana? They cast Charlie Hunnam as Christian and Dakota Johnson as Ana.
At first I was MAJORLY disappointed thinking, did ANYONE involved in casting read the books??? They do not fit the bill for me.
I did google image search the guy and saw some pics of him with dark hair, in a suit, clean shaven and without a shirt on :-) and I'll say, he's still not who I envisioned as Christian, but I'm willing to give him a shot. :-)
The girl though, is the daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith. She's 23 in real life, but just like her mom, she looks super washed up. That's harsh, I know, but seriously, even dying her hair brunette, she just does not look the part. Definitely doesn't look innocent enough.
I just hope they have great chemistry.
What does everyone else think?

*** Charlie apparently can't do the role now due to scheduling. Now it's back to the search!

Comments

• The girl doesn't at all! She had a tv show earlier this year and it was stupid and corny, I can't think of what it's called but you should look it up and watch an episode. You won't like her after that that is for sure! I I only read a portion of the first book, so I can't say I care too much bit Kristen Stewart would have been better than her
  • I think the casting for Ana was a horrible choice.. she looks way to mature in the face , they shouldve used Alexis Bledel.... Now I think charlie will be great..not who I invisioned (ian somerhalder lol) but he looks damn good naked!!
  • It was called Ben and Kate, please please please find an episode to watch!!
    And also, I really don't want to see her naked, I'll probably skip the movies.
  • @Kimberly4411 I'll have to check it out and see how great her acting chops are and I agree, I don't want to see her nekked! Ewwwww!
    @ScarlettsMama I pictured Ian, Matt Bomer, and Henry Cavill, but I think they already had too much stuff going on to be able to do this role, I'm actually pretty ok now with Charlie, but the chick, I just can't picture it. I always pictured Felicity Jones as Ana.
    At least we have names now though! I'm going to have to go back and read the books again now that I have faces to go along with the characters. I didn't read twilight til the movie was about to come out so I already had those actors in my mind when reading the books. I didn't understand everyone's uproar over Rob Pattinson being cast as Edward. Well....now I know! Cause I just do not like the idea of Dakota Johnson as Ana at all!
  • I was really bummed. I pictured matt bomer as well. After looking through Google they both cleanup nicely. Nakeup can do wonders to them. I think iit'll be intresting to see.
  • Charlie is a perfect fit for Christian. He plays a bad boy on SOA!!! But I'm not sure about the girl. I can't wait to watch the movie. When I first heard there was going to be a movie I was hoping Charlie would play fifty!!! I'm happy about it!!! :)
  • @PumkinCupcake0307 I think it'll be interesting as well!
    @Starlilly People keep telling us to watch that show, but I've never been able to cause I CANNOT STAND Ron Pearlman. But NOW I'm definitely going to have to catch up cause I need to see Charlie in action!
  • I'm not a big fan of Ron either. But Charlie will have you in love after the first couple of shows!!! His demeanor is like fifty in SOA. And he's super hot with long and short hair!!!
  • @Starlilly Awesome! Well then, I'm DEFINITELY going to have to check it out now! :X